Arrow - Spoilers galore (1 Viewer)

I didn't mind Sara making an appearance. I thought the episode was alright. I actually liked the Canary angle. But, I still want to see more Arrow. Time for him to get busy.

I really liked seeing Sara again. I thought the episode was fine but not placed well at all. They really shouldn’t have sidelined Oliver (especially to that extreme extent) again after a 3 week break.

And I don’t understand why he couldn’t have been in it more. He has a long, deep history with both Sara and (Earth 1) Laurel.

Didn’t E-1 Laurel even ask Oliver to find a new Canary while she was on her death bed? They could have at least had him give the Black Canary costume to Siren (instead of Felicity). He could have given a speech about knowing what it’s like coming from darkness, fighting to change/better yourself, earning the suit/moniker, etc.

Also, Dinah and Felicity would have flipped the fork out if Oliver had been the one to set off a bomb in a warehouse full of people. But when they do it, it’s time for quips and drinks?

*I still haven’t gotten my head around people acting like Oliver was evil for kicking Rene in the chest when Rene was swinging an axe at his head.

Agreed. I didn't hate the episode, and understand the need to close the Earth 2 Laurel arc. However, Oliver Queen should become a bigger focus with the show coming to a close in less than a year.

Right, those are pretty much my thoughts. There are only 14 total episodes left (plus the Crisis event) and Oliver just lost custody of his son, found out he is going to have a daughter, and discovered that he has an evil step-sister.

He’s got all of that to deal with plus setting up his implied death (or disappearance). And frankly, it’s been awhile since he has felt like the main character on his own show.

With so few episodes left, I don’t think they can leave him on the back burner anymore.

So I mostly really liked last night’s episode but I have a couple of gripes.

1) I feel that the show has wasted actors like Adrian Paul and Kirk Acevedo. They should have made for great villains. I blame the writers more than the actors.

2) They continue to sideline Oliver even though the season is almost over. I didn’t have a problem with focusing most of the episode on Diggle and his step-dad because that was pretty great.

But did we need to make Oliver and his evil-step sister the freaking C plot?! Why are they treating Felicity Smoak’s “legacy” as more important than the Green Arrow’s?

Heck, even though they didn’t meet face-to-face in the episode, I still think the Rene and Emiko relationship got almost as much attention as the Oliver and Emiko one.

Well, iirc, Felicity won't be around next season, so pumping her up before her sendoff makes sense. The Diggle/step-dad angle was well done. But yeah, when the show started, I was like, ahhh, Arrow is gonna do some work...then we get what we got and I was like, really? I want more Arrow, like, it's the name of the show guys! Not a bad episode, but the flashes into the future aren't really doing much for me.

Well, iirc, Felicity won't be around next season, so pumping her up before her sendoff makes sense. The Diggle/step-dad angle was well done. But yeah, when the show started, I was like, ahhh, Arrow is gonna do some work...then we get what we got and I was like, really? I want more Arrow, like, it's the name of the show guys! Not a bad episode, but the flashes into the future aren't really doing much for me.

Yeah, I don’t like the future stuff at all.

Oliver either died or disappeared, failed to save the city, and most people in the city seem to blame him for making it much (much) worse.

And while we got a nice storyline in the present about Diggle reconnecting with his step-dad, and the message that every boy deserves to think his father is a hero (which John actually is/was), we find out that in the future, Diggle’s son grew to hate him and became the new Deathstroke.

It’s all so bleak and makes our heroes look terrible.

Hopefully the Crisis event or the Flash will alter the timeline, but then that would make all of these flash forwards wasted time when Arrow didn’t have a lot of time left.

Maybe I'm just geeking out over Ernie Hudson, but I really enjoyed this week's episode. I still feel, like most of you, they need to start focusing more on Oliver/Green Arrow.

I definitely thought the Diggle and General Stewart (foreshadowing?) stuff was great.

The total lack of flash-forwards sure didn't hurt.

So true! I was thinking that exact thing last night. I always felt like the flash forwards disrupted the flow of the show. Never was a fan of that. I can understand the flash backs they did in previous seasons, but flash forwards really don't have the same effect imo.

I agree that the episode was pretty good. I’m not sure that “fun” is the right word (given the implications of the reveal & the ending), but it was...entertaining in a comic book-y way.

I dug it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom