Arrow - Spoilers galore (2 Viewers)

If you've seen the S6 trailer, it looks like William has aged quite a bit, so I'm sure a time jump is likely.

My guess is time jump with flashbacks to the aftermath of what happened post-Prometheus on Lian Yu. There were a couple of shots in the trailer that showed still smoldering fires and burnt up areas of the island that were clearly after the explosions had taken place.

My guess is time jump with flashbacks to the aftermath of what happened post-Prometheus on Lian Yu. There were a couple of shots in the trailer that showed still smoldering fires and burnt up areas of the island that were clearly after the explosions had taken place.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Probably, a five year jump at that. Not sure how I feel about keeping the flashbacks, but if they can continue in the same quality of last season, I'll give it a chance...

Ok, can Ollie just pull a Tony Stark already? This is third time they have done the "his secret identity has been exposed" nonsense. Most of the Big Bads know or have figured it out by mid-season. Just have Oliver come out as the Green Arrow.

Ok, can Ollie just pull a Tony Stark already? This is third time they have done the "his secret identity has been exposed" nonsense. Most of the Big Bads know or have figured it out by mid-season. Just have Oliver come out as the Green Arrow.

Pretty sure this is it. If it's all over the news like that, he's done. Might as well get it overwith.

The show is just ok so far. Weird, I'm enjoying Flash more than Arrow at the moment. Which is really surprising, cuz the Flash was so meh last season. Ollie just needs to suit back up. He's the Arrow, end of story.

The show is just ok so far. Weird, I'm enjoying Flash more than Arrow at the moment. Which is really surprising, cuz the Flash was so meh last season. Ollie just needs to suit back up. He's the Arrow, end of story.

Agree on all points. I don't feel the show has been season 4 bad, but definitely 'meh' compared to season 5 and current episodes of The Flash.

I agree that's it's just been ok so far, but I will say that I kind of respect that Oliver's decision will last at least for part of the season. Often times these "big moments" are immediately reset (Flash has done this a lot the past couple of seasons).

That limo fight between Diggle and Onyx was awesome.

They made a very conscious effort to course correct on Flash this year, and so far I think it has mostly worked. The tone is fun again, the characters aren't steeped in nihilism and dread, and it's fun watching how The Thinker's plan is developing. The producers and writers have outright admitted that the show got significantly darker last year than they ever intended and that they got lost in the weeds on the Savitar/Iris thing.

Arrow is a weirder beast. It peaks and valleys due to a variety of reasons, one of which is the villain. Last season was good because Prometheus worked really well as a villain and it gave the show some propulsion every week with the cat and mouse game that was going on. Right now, we're lacking a strong central villain for this season, I find the FBI agent character and story arc super annoying and have never much cared for "secret identity threatened by normal people" stories. It's still much better than the season before last, i think, but it is unfocused.

Still not sure how I feel about the kid, either.

Yeah, bringing Laurel back into the mix might help a bit, but Prometheus was such a good baddie that it's going to be hard to top that rivalry. May take some time to set up another compelling plot line, we'll see.

Yeah, prolly best episode of the season. I liked the flashbacks too. It's a good way to fill in the backstory without having to do a whole show on it. It's a pretty effective part the the storytelling. I've always liked that aspect of the show.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom