Arthur Blank finally wins a championship (1 Viewer)

I live in Atlanta and sent a text to all my friends who root for the falcons. It simply said, "So it's officially a soccer field now, right?"

Best part of the article:
For Atlanta United owner Arthur Blank, the Major League Soccer championship has to be sweet redemption. Blank also is owner of the NFL's Atlanta Falcons, who blew a 28-3 second-half lead in Super Bowl LI, which the New England Patriots won in overtime. The Falcons have been a .500 team since that crushing defeat.

xWzMCX.jpg

Funny that Falcons fans claim that nobody is in their seats during Falcons games because of the restaurants and bars in the stadium.
Why doesn't that happen during Atlanta United soccer games?

Amazing story and congrats to the city of Atlanta. I never in a million years would have thought Atlanta would become a pro soccer city.

bet he would trade mls for sb everyday and twice on sunday's :)

Amazing story and congrats to the city of Atlanta. I never in a million years would have thought Atlanta would become a pro soccer city.
Yeah that place is insane during the soccer game.

Let’s see what’s doing in the stands in a few years from now when the team isn’t as good and they’re not new/trendy.

That’ll tell us about the “soccer” fans.

Let’s see what’s doing in the stands in a few years from now when the team isn’t as good and they’re not new/trendy.

That’ll tell us about the “soccer” fans.
There’s a huge immigrant population here, they contribute to the popularity of the team. I think there will be long term support. These aren’t your Vick jersey wearing rise up bandwagoners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom