N/S Arthur Blank firing Matt Ryan too? (1 Viewer)

No way leave where he’s at or let him go to the Jets. Not here Na ah

Brees was far from a HOF when he signed with the Saints in 2006. At best he was above average with great upside.

Well, yeah. I'm just saying in retrospect looking back. We've had a HoF QB all these years.

I think it's safe to say that Matt Ryan isn't going anywhere. As pointed out, the financial impact of his contract is far too great to move on from him anytime soon. Not sure about the details of Julio's contract but I assume that will tie there hands as well... in regards to a clean slate. BTW, both were very productive today, albeit it was the Vikings.

If Ryan couldn’t get it done with :
Roddy White , Julio Jones, Tony Gonzales , mahommad Sanu, Calvin Ridley, Devonte Freeman, Tevin Coleman , Michael Turner, Austin Hooper, Todd Gurley, Steven Jackson

I don’t honestly think there’s much more he would do here

He literally had 4 Potential HOF on his team and still couldn’t get there in White,Jones, Gonzales and Jackson

If Ryan couldn’t get it done with :
Roddy White , Julio Jones, Tony Gonzales , mahommad Sanu, Calvin Ridley, Devonte Freeman, Tevin Coleman , Michael Turner, Austin Hooper, Todd Gurley, Steven Jackson

I don’t honestly think there’s much more he would do here

He literally had 4 Potential HOF on his team and still couldn’t get there in White,Jones, Gonzales and Jackson

He's almost always had a ton of weapons. Arguably, just about every season, it seemed like the stable of WRs were significantly better than ours. But...the Falcons coaching and quite often, their defenses let them down. Ryan was always a pretty good QB and had solid seasons, but the Falcons for whatever reason never could get out of their own way.

Ryan would be fine and do well under Payton, but I still would rather groom a young QB. I was hoping we'd take a shot at Herbert in the draft and he's already doing pretty well with the Chargers. So, hopefully we can find someone like that who can step in and lead the team. We'll take some lumps along the way, but we'll be fine in the long term.

He’s a really good QB, but hasn’t been clutch when it mattered. I do believe he could thrive under Payton, I believe. Just speaking hypothetically, how sweet would it be if he did thrive and the Falcons witness it while they continue sucking? Either way, I think it’s time to go with a younger QB, whoever that may be, but I won’t be shocked if we end up rolling with a Vet for a year or so while the search happens.
What's funny about Ryan is he's had an ultra high rate of success when needing a FG to win it at the end. But if it's a TD needed, he almost always has failed. And then his other fatal flaw of course is protecting a lead. Not sure any QBs have ever blown as many 2 score leads as he has.

What's funny about Ryan is he's had an ultra high rate of success when needing a FG to win it at the end. But if it's a TD needed, he almost always has failed. And then his other fatal flaw of course is protecting a lead. Not sure any QBs have ever blown as many 2 score leads as he has.

True. But of course, it's much more difficult to score a TD since the closer you get, the more compressed the playing field gets. When those passing lanes are super tight, having options on the ground helps. I think Ryan's limited mobility has hurt him in those situations as well.

That said, a lot of the failures they've had has been due to poor game management. Coaching matters.

He's almost always had a ton of weapons. Arguably, just about every season, it seemed like the stable of WRs were significantly better than ours. But...the Falcons coaching and quite often, their defenses let them down. Ryan was always a pretty good QB and had solid seasons, but the Falcons for whatever reason never could get out of their own way.

Ryan would be fine and do well under Payton, but I still would rather groom a young QB. I was hoping we'd take a shot at Herbert in the draft and he's already doing pretty well with the Chargers. So, hopefully we can find someone like that who can step in and lead the team. We'll take some lumps along the way, but we'll be fine in the long term.
Quinn first year they had a D that’s when Ryan got the choke artist label from

Matt Ryan doesn't have the heart of a champion.

ShamefulThirdAzurewingedmagpie-size_restricted.gif

ryan-fumble2.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom