Article: 2020 draft QB accuracy chart (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
2020-Draft-QB-Sports-Info-Solutions.png

"Accuracy isn’t the only thing that matters for a quarterback, but it is the hardest thing to change. Inaccurate quarterbacks at one level don’t magically improve at the next. We’ve seen this consistently as prospects have gone from college to the NFL.

Josh Allen’s big arm is only as useful as how often he can put the ball on his intended receiver and because of that, he was statistically one of the worst deep passers in the league last season. Allen is just the most recent example of a big-armed prospect whose accuracy limited how impactful that arm could be in the NFL."

Some interesting takeaways from the article above:

Tua, Hurts, and Tyler Huntley are top 5 in accuracy across the board behind Burrow.

Jake Luton might be severely underated: 28 wonderlic (Like Brees), 58 ball velocity (second strongest arm in the draft behind Eason), 52% deep ball accuracy was second only to Joe Burrow in this Class.

2020-Draft-QB-Sports-Info-Solutions.png

"Accuracy isn’t the only thing that matters for a quarterback, but it is the hardest thing to change. Inaccurate quarterbacks at one level don’t magically improve at the next. We’ve seen this consistently as prospects have gone from college to the NFL.

Josh Allen’s big arm is only as useful as how often he can put the ball on his intended receiver and because of that, he was statistically one of the worst deep passers in the league last season. Allen is just the most recent example of a big-armed prospect whose accuracy limited how impactful that arm could be in the NFL."

Some interesting takeaways from the article above:

Tua, Hurts, and Tyler Huntley are top 5 in accuracy across the board behind Burrow.

Jake Luton might be severely underated: 28 wonderlic (Like Brees), 58 ball velocity (second strongest arm in the draft behind Eason), 52% deep ball accuracy was second only to Joe Burrow in this Class.

Strange how middle of the road Luton is on passes up to 20 yards. But after 20yds he's one of the more accurate passers.

If Hurts lasts until the 3rd he'll be a steal.

Strange how middle of the road Luton is on passes up to 20 yards. But after 20yds he's one of the more accurate passers.

Im just disappointed in how low my guy Jacob Eason is at deep accuracy for all of his arm strength.:tears::covri:

Luton might actually be a better value late.

I like Tyler Huntley because he seems like a carbon copy of Tyrod Taylor.

He could be a serviceable starter for some team.

I posted this a few months back but PFF does a great job of charting accuracy for the pros as well.

No surprise as to who is number 1 and or places most consistently on all of their charts.

Hurts gets a lot of flack from people, but watching the combine videos, I thought he looked really accurate on long passes. I'd take him in the 3rd for sure and be very happy about it.

Im just disappointed in how low my guy Jacob Eason is at deep accuracy for all of his arm strength.:tears::covri:

Luton might actually be a better value late.

I like Tyler Huntley because he seems like a carbon copy of Tyrod Taylor.

He could be a serviceable starter for some team.
Huntley? And then compare him to Tierod? A NFL starter? Good grief. Strong pass.

Huntley? And then compare him to Tierod? A NFL starter? Good grief. Strong pass.
Huntley ran a 4.5 at his pro day and had a 43" vertical.

I seem to recall Tyrod doing similar.

Taylor also led the bills to a 9-7 season a few years ago.

I posted this a few months back but PFF does a great job of charting accuracy for the pros as well.

No surprise as to who is number 1 and or places most consistently on all of their charts.

Brees is the only QB ranked in all these accuracy categories across the two articles.

I went and watched one of his games. On longer throws he has a very nice throwing motion. But on shorter throws he seems to be trying to throw from SS to 1st base. Really weird motion on the shorter throws. Probably a lot to do with the short acc dropping. He does seem to ge through his reads quickly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom