N/S Article about Houston QB Deshaun Watson. And whoa what a dumb comment inside. (1 Viewer)

The superintendent’s response: “oh I thought that was a private message.”

That doesn’t change anything, just means that he’s racist and bad with technology.

Last edited:
Geez. What a dumb comment. I actually really like Deshaun as a QB.

Last edited:
The superintendent’s response: “oh I thought that was a private message.”

That doesn’t change anything, just means that he’s racist and bad with technology.

Exactly.
Just dumb all the way around. Sent this to my BIL who loves the Texans season Tix and even away games blah blah and he will be shocked by this I think. Dumb dumb dumb.
And the dumb one there, to me, is their head coach. He’s terribad.

When the NFL started to become mostly black players, a lot of racists consoled themselves by telling themselves "oh, so the black guys may be better atheletes, but they still need a white person making decisions and running the show at QB"

Black QBs like Watson show that this notion is wrong, and so it logically threatens the pet conceit they use to keep from admitting that black people are capable of being better at a thing than white people. Black achievement terrifies racists.

Unfortunately, I have family members who think this way. My uncle is a cowboy fan and he takes every opportunity he can to blast Dak Presscott. You should hear some of the ignorance he spews... It's really sad and infuriating. I can't stand to be around him anymore.

This stuff exists more than people think.

Actually, when you read his explanation, it's not that he's likely bad at technology, it's that he's a liar. How could a comment section on a newspaper website be a "private message"? To whom was he sending this private message? The writer of the story? The editor? That's a forking lie.

In an interview with the Chronicle, Redden said he regrets posting the comment. He said he thought it was a private message and deleted it as soon as he realized it was public.

Redden said he based the comment on what he called the "limited success" of black quarterbacks in the NFL.

Onalaska Texas school superintendent says "can't count on" black quarterbacks in comment on Houston Chronicle story - CBS News

Last edited:
Kewee that sucks I’m glad I don’t have any of that around me. Or rather, maybe I do and they know better than to say it to me as I’m kind of assertive.

Also, my bro and I (both white) are die hard football fans and he laughs at me as I don’t draft a white RB or WR or Corner in any of my leagues.....it’s a running joke now as I’ll refer to em as ‘honkeys’ jokingly.

So anti racism? /sarcasm

Actually, when you read his explanation, it's not that he's likely bad at technology, it's that he's a liar. How could a comment section on a newspaper website be a "private message"? To whom was he sending this private message? The writer of the story? The editor? That's a forking lie.

Onalaska Texas school superintendent says "can't count on" black quarterbacks in comment on Houston Chronicle story - CBS News

Yep.
This one has you riled a tad like the Dallas cop has me riled lol.

And I went down the rabbit hole, he’s about to be fired and I think justifiably on this one.

Yep.
This one has you riled a tad like the Dallas cop has me riled lol.

And I went down the rabbit hole, he’s about to be fired and I think justifiably on this one.

I have a very good friend that I have known for decades, she's now a school superintendent. She's one of the brightest people I know, and all around a class act - but she once told me that she has always had a strict personal policy against social media and any kind of online public comment that isn't "official" (e.g. electronic, official job communications). It's not so much that she's worried about what she might say, but that it's just way too unpredictable and a job of being a school administrator (she was a principal before becoming super) is a 24/7 gig that is based as much on your stakeholders' view of you as a person as it is about your management of your job.

Like I said, she was always bright. Intelligence with age becomes wisdom.

Geez. What a dumb comment. I actually really like Dak as a QB. I think his issues are more in the coaching dept.

1397832332517.gif

:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom