Article: Bears fan wants to copy "Saints Paradigm" (1 Viewer)

saburai

Reaction score
Here's a fun read by a Bears writer who laments that after his team met ours in the NFC championship game in 2006, "both teams packed up their belongings and settled on Middle of the Road." He then compares the Saints' rebuilding efforts to the Bears', pointing out all the things we're doing better than they are.

Good analysis with a healthy dose of Schadenfreude. I still can't stand the Bears.

The link:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/da-bears-blog/2009/12/the-saints-paradigm.html

and a head coach who likes to throw the challenge flag because he likes the pretty red color.

:hihi: We have roughly the same problem though :covri: (Well, more like a head coach who throws the challenge flag because he's ****** off about a play and seems to hope against hope that his mere disapproval of it is enough to alter reality)

:hihi: We have roughly the same problem though :covri: (Well, more like a head coach who throws the challenge flag because he's ****** off about a play and seems to hope against hope that his mere disapproval of it is enough to alter reality)

I think he threw the challenge to slow Brady and them down a little. IIRC it didn't help

I think that is EXACTLY why Payton throws the flag.

I got a kick out of Gruden saying something to the effect of 'it gives SP more time to yell at someone'

Hey, how bad can it be? It's not like they traded away three high picks for a rolling disaster at QB whom they're stuck with for the foreseeable future.

Oh...

Bwa-HA-HA-HA-HA!!

Hey, how bad can it be? It's not like they traded away three high picks for a rolling disaster at QB whom they're stuck with for the foreseeable future.

Oh...

Bwa-HA-HA-HA-HA!!

:spit:To hell with Da Bears. Their horrible fans deserve it.

Alright Bears fans here's your blueprint to follow the "Saints Paradigm" -

1. Hire Mickey Loomis. He's pretty much unheard outside of New Orleans but as GM he's the brains behind this outfit. Since he holds about every meaningfu title with the Saints - President/GM hiring him will be problem (no way to steal him away without breaking the league's no lateral hiring rule) so you guys will just have make him an owner.

2. Talk to China about cloning Sean Payton. Research laws are little looser there so there's a chance. He isn't going anywhere as Saints HC so a clone is your only answer.

3. The kidnapping of Drew Brees for the brain trainsplant into Cutler will be the next maneuver. There may be a few doctors south of the border who will attempt it but caution should be advised - Rex Grossman was the result of a botched transplant attempt.

4. Finally the negotiation for the trade of the Superdome and Saints fans for Soldier Field and Bears fans will be tricky to say the least. If you know anything about New Orleans politics my suggestion is truckloads of cash.

Good luck you're going to need it........

Might want to add a QB who alienated some of his Bears teammates almost from the very beginning, Sparkle. Cutler doesn't have a great deal of respect in the Bears locker room. Brian Urlacher reportedly called him a TOS-violating word at the beginning of training camp to a Bears beat reporter, but which was quickly denied by team officials.

I'm sure Urlacher was told to zip it shortly thereafter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom