Article: Best Offense in History? (1 Viewer)

saintsfan342000

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A pretty good little read on the last Sunday without pro football for a while. A nice tribute to this offense: All of the incredible things it has accomplished over the last 10 seasons, and the unique way it has done it.

High-powered Saints offense in Sean Payton-Drew Brees era making a case for best in NFL history | NOLA.com

"People have said anybody could have played quarterback on my (Rams) team with all the all-time great players I had," said Warner, who played with recent Hall of Fame inductees Marshall Faulk and Orlando Pace along with Hall of Fame finalists Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt. "I had Hall of Fame-type guys. Outside of Drew, I don't know if there is anybody in that mold in New Orleans."

Kurt must have forgotten about Darnell Dinkins.

Good post OP. I'd argue the the 2.7 point lead by the Pats is due to us having questionable kickers over the years.

hi y'all;

love the comment by warner about the 5k yard & 40td seasons, being accomplished by all sorts of guys! too many hits to the head! only 8 5k yard seasons, 4 BY DREW 1 by the rest. only 4 40+td seasons, 2 by marino, the latest by manning.
who are all these qbs racking up records that he's talking about? is he bitter 'cause drew blew past his work & remained consistent, for 10 years; or can he not figure out the google button?

criminal neglect of some saints in the last 10 yrs; but brees sure seems to elevate everybody's game. we've all seen how well former saints offensive players do after leaving.

whatever the cause, we have been so fortunate to witness the last decade of saints football!

A

Yes I agree that we are very blessed to have had this Payton/Brees Union for as long as we have. Remember the billy joe days? Ugh #neverforget

Great read. When you think about it, it is so true, appart from Brees everyone has more or less been interchangeable. All the whiners should enjoy this Brees/Payton combo as long as as we have it. Cause once it's gone it's gone.

Yes I agree that we are very blessed to have had this Payton/Brees Union for as long as we have. Remember the billy joe days? Ugh #neverforget
You mean the Billy Joes days :hihi:

The Saints also are the only team to have a Hobert and Hebert

I just find it funny how double-sided these arguments are.

Tons of people wanted to declare the worst defense of history based on one single stat (total yards) and ignore everything else in history.

By any equal measurement the answer is unequivocally and unarguably the 2011 New Orleans Saints (7,474 yards).

Anybody who argues that the Saints are anything but #1 and yet claims the Saints have the historically worst defense in history arent worth listening to.

Just have to wonder, if we had a top 10 defense each year, or even top 15, would we have possibly been talked about as a dynasty? How many titles may have been there for the taking?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom