Article: Eagles done talking about Brees (1 Viewer)

I don't get this Foles love fest at all.

Okay, they won in Chicago. They only put up 16 points though. Foles went 25/40 for 255 yards 2 tds and 2 picks, which is alright but it's not anything magical. When the Saints put up 16 points they ask what's wrong with Brees, despite all the comebacks and game winning drives he makes. But it's FOLESMAGIC ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

Saints defense is not that much worse than Chicago, and we know what that offense is capable of... especially when healthy. That rarely gets mentioned.

I hope we beat them so bad, make Foles look so inept that these people hanging all over Foles come back and are forced to admit they got swept up in a fairy tale of lies and they're embarrassed by it.

Okay, they won in Chicago. They only put up 16 points though. Foles went 25/40 for 255 yards 2 tds and 2 picks, which is alright but it's not anything magical. When the Saints put up 16 points they ask what's wrong with Brees, despite all the comebacks and game winning drives he makes. But it's FOLESMAGIC ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

Saints defense is not that much worse than Chicago, and we know what that offense is capable of... especially when healthy. That rarely gets mentioned.

I hope we beat them so bad, make Foles look so inept that these people hanging all over Foles come back and are forced to admit they got swept up in a fairy tale of lies and they're embarrassed by it.

Remember when the Saints did what they did in 2006.........then started off 2007 with 0-4 ?

Then they seemingly flipped a switch and won the next 4. People were convinced...."oh yeah, the Saints are BACK, baby !!!".

Then they went 3-5 the rest of the season and finished 7-9. And people realized that it wasn't some pure accident that they got off to such a rough start.

In my opinion, that's the Eagles right now. Win a Super Bowl...........Super Bowl hangover.......win a desperation game against the Rams with Foles followed by 3 more elimination games........and now we're supposed to believe that lack of Foles, and lack Foles alone, was to blame for them struggling earlier this season.

Lost in all this Foles madness is the fact that the Eagles were a #1 seed in 2017 BEFORE he got in there. In other words, that was a damn good team without him. Look for whatever issues that were previously ailing them this season to resurface in this game. Aaron Rodgers went on one of the more unbelievable runs of any QB for nearly 2 months in 2016, and even that flamed out when they had to visit Atlanta in the NFC title game.

Hulkamania isn't the only thing running wild. Confirmation bias is all over that action too.

We see all the Nick Foles talk as annoying and something we're sick of because fabricating a chip to put on our shoulder is seen as giving us an edge to play harder.

Meanwhile, Eagles fans are doing the same with Brees and the running up the score thing to create their own shoulder chip.

Good post, but I somewhat disagree. Some stories are true. It's not all relative. The Saints are materially better across the board in this matchup. Being annoyed with a false narrative is a reasonable response and does not mean we are also being false in our own way.

Nick Foles is being regarded as an absolute legend in the media right now... but.. If Chicago actually made that kick though, Foles would be getting crucified right now for those 2 ints, and overall ugly performance until the final drive. The media would have his head, and so would Philly fans.

It's folesmagic because of the 4th down sidearm TD to Golden Tate. But funny thing is that Tate thought it was a rush play called on 4th down. All the glowing feedback about how Tate looked inside and froze the DB is because Tate himself was just looking back at the supposed rush play... and then he improvised on seeing Foles rolling to the right. MAGIC.

The media has been falling all over themselves to talk about foles so they can just get outta here with that nonsense. You would think he was already in the HOF the way they are talking about him. Brees seems to be an afterthought in this game but that is just fine. Hope we drop another 40 plus this Sunday.

That's fine. Don't talk about Brees, don't study him, don't prepare for him. Just keep being infatuated with that duck throwing backup that's won you what, 4 games this year? Next week you won't be doing any talking because the media doesn't care when you're sitting on your couch.
I like it

They are delusional. All you hear about is foles this and foles that. He didn't play great against the bears and had two picks. I hope we shut them up and blow them suckers out like we did the last game. If our o line is healthy and protect brees well they will get blown out. I'm actually kind of glad we got them. This is a statement game. Like i said before the future superbowl champs are going to knock the current superbowl champs out. Last year was different. Foles got two home games.

If our defense comes to play they won't stand a chance. That secondary is comical. I hoe our dbs are ready. I need our d line to step up big time. Only way they will beat us or come close to beating us is if our defense plays horrible. I know anything can happen,but i just feel confident. In the dome in front of our fans,drew brees as qb,ginn and armsted back,against that secondary. We gone eat.

Remember when the Saints did what they did in 2006.........then started off 2007 with 0-4 ?

Then they seemingly flipped a switch and won the next 4. People were convinced...."oh yeah, the Saints are BACK, baby !!!".

Then they went 3-5 the rest of the season and finished 7-9. And people realized that it wasn't some pure accident that they got off to such a rough start.

In my opinion, that's the Eagles right now. Win a Super Bowl...........Super Bowl hangover.......win a desperation game against the Rams with Foles followed by 3 more elimination games........and now we're supposed to believe that lack of Foles, and lack Foles alone, was to blame for them struggling earlier this season.

Lost in all this Foles madness is the fact that the Eagles were a #1 seed in 2017 BEFORE he got in there. In other words, that was a damn good team without him. Look for whatever issues that were previously ailing them this season to resurface in this game. Aaron Rodgers went on one of the more unbelievable runs of any QB for nearly 2 months in 2016, and even that flamed out when they had to visit Atlanta in the NFC title game.

Yeah. I just knew the packers would go into atlanta and beat them when they had all that momentum and beat a very good(but young) 13-3 cowboys team. They went to atlanta and got smacked. I think this will play out similar. I see this being closer than the last game,but i could still see us winning by 14.

If chicago had a better offense they would have beat them easily. We have ginn and armstead back. If we stay healthy and armstead plays the whole game they are in trouble. If they can't get to brees it's going to be a long night. Trubisky picked that secondary apart. Has their secondary gotten a little better? Yes,but they haven't played a qb as good as brees. I see thomas and ginn having a big day. I see kamara running and catching the ball at will. I think this is a ingram kinda game though. Where we pound the rock. We have more balance than them and that will hurt them.

I'm sick of the Foles talk also. I feel as though we are the underdog the way the media is talking about them. I cannot remember a number 1 seed being this disrespected, ever. I hope the team is seeing and hearing all this and I hope we bring the wrath of God down on them.

We have to beg for Drew to even be mentioned in contention for MVP (or even continue to have logical debates on the matter), while Foles is a backup (who did win a Super Bowl last year) behind Wentz for the majority of the season, comes out and plays just well enough to get his team to the divisional round of the playoffs and is near Top 5 in the number of memes about the size of his member.

Foles gets talked about enough. Anyone saying otherwise is delusional or willfully ignorant.

The most hillarious thing is, after all the negative talk about the Saints, how they peaked early, and what a great chance the Eagles have for an upset, most of the same talking heads pick the Saints to win the game!!! PFF lead the charge, followed by S Sharpe - S Bayless and almost all talking heads are picking the Saints to win....it is comical!

They are delusional. All you hear about is foles this and foles that. He didn't play great against the bears and had two picks. I hope we shut them up and blow them suckers out like we did the last game. If our o line is healthy and protect brees well they will get blown out. I'm actually kind of glad we got them. This is a statement game. Like i said before the future superbowl champs are going to knock the current superbowl champs out. Last year was different. Foles got two home games.

If our defense comes to play they won't stand a chance. That secondary is comical. I hoe our dbs are ready. I need our d line to step up big time. Only way they will beat us or come close to beating us is if our defense plays horrible. I know anything can happen,but i just feel confident. In the dome in front of our fans,drew brees as qb,ginn and armsted back,against that secondary. We gone eat.

So the way I see it is this is the game that should have been played last year had the Minnesota whimper not occurred, only it will be in the Dome and not Philly. So we'll get to see what would have happened in that alternate universe!

So the way I see it is this is the game that should have been played last year had the Minnesota whimper not occurred, only it will be in the Dome and not Philly. So we'll get to see what would have happened in that alternate universe!

Yep. This should have been the Nfc championship game. I want everyone to pick the eagles. It will only motivate us. Like i said before,anything can happen,but it's funny how we have NEVER lost a home playoff game under brees and payton. Now all of a sudden the eagles are going to come and change that? I don't see it.

Saints 38
Philly 24

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom