Article grading saints safeties (1 Viewer)

Saw this article this morning, didn't see it posted, and thought you guys would enjoy.

For iPhone users:
https://apple.news/A2Udt4i1NQeON8a2lOBnJdQ

For all other users:
Grading the 2016 New Orleans Saints: Safety | The Saints Nation
Thanks for posting.

I'm looking forward to a much better defense next year.
This is going to be a fun off season trying to plug the holes that us fans believe will take us to the next level.

A play making LB that can drop back into coverage and a ball hawking corner, like Tradavius White just might give our Front four that extra second or two they need to pressure the QB.

Spot on results. I'm on the fence about him. If he take a pay cut he's a good safety but not even prowbowl worthy when prowbowl players are not even that good . Cousins

Feel bad for Byrd. That analysis made it clear that his injuries are preventing him from being the playmaker he used to be.

Feel bad for Byrd. That analysis made it clear that his injuries are preventing him from being the playmaker he used to be.

I don't fully disagree but I think lack of a competent secondary/CB's has been the majority of the cause. There were times this year he looked plenty enough explosive in short areas to me...but if a QB has all 3 options available to throw the ball to because of OK to bad coverage as a FS what route do you jump if they are all open?

what would you think about adding Eddie Jackson to the secondary?

I don't fully disagree but I think lack of a competent secondary/CB's has been the majority of the cause. There were times this year he looked plenty enough explosive in short areas to me...but if a QB has all 3 options available to throw the ball to because of OK to bad coverage as a FS what route do you jump if they are all open?

Good point. We have got to have better secondary coverage next year.

Love me some Harper, but I agree that he is done. He wasn't brought in to play, however. That just kinda happened.

I think Byrd's ranking is unfair. I would give him a B+. He took away the middle of the feild all season long. That was a big part to keeping our very undermanned defense competitive. Byrd was extremely underrated and underappreciated this season.

KV grade is spot on. The dude is a baller and he was finally used properly this season for the first time in a while.

Bell, this will be unpopular, but I would give him a C. Early on, he played great espcially for a rookie. He made big plays and covered really well. But the last month and a half of the season he really really struggled. He broke down in cover two a lot and gave up some big plays and TDs. Plus he started having trouble tackling. I think a lot of that was because he had to play KVs position after the suspension and all of the different assignments just started to confuse him. I think he will be fine going forward. He proved that he is talented and I think his late seasons struggles were just a fluke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom