Article: Is Drew Brees done? USA Today - Really Interesting (1 Viewer)

Wrong. Fourth quarter drives:
1) He misplaced two balls. This is the problem, not that they were short passes. Punt.
2) Very good drive, all of short passes. TD.
3) Got the ball with 1 minute left, no timeouts, 24-34. The game was lost.

Count 4 ugly drops as well: the offense was bad in the second half because lack of execution (both by Brees and the receivers), not because the passes were “too short”. We won tons of games this way in the last three years, just executing, scoring 30-40 points. We could have easily scored 31 if not for penalties, drops and a couple (just a couple) of bad throws. Also, Kamara was our WR1 (!!), the mediocre Trequan was 2, and Sanders (who probably needs time) was 3.

You guys just make sure and stick by your "drew is done" arguments over the next few weeks. I'd hate to see people flip flopping. This seasons training camp was like no other before it and his #1 guy (who is the best wr in the game) is out with injury. May take him a couple weeks to find his stride but you guys go ahead and give up on him WEEK 2. I believe I'll give him a few more weeks before throwing in the towel on arguably the best QB to ever play the game. I owe him that much.

You guys just make sure and stick by your "drew is done" arguments over the next few weeks. I'd hate to see people flip flopping. This seasons training camp was like no other before it and his #1 guy (who is the best wr in the game) is out with injury. May take him a couple weeks to find his stride but you guys go ahead and give up on him WEEK 2. I believe I'll give him a few more weeks before throwing in the towel on arguably the best QB to ever play the game. I owe him that much.

What he needs to find is strength in that shoulder. He won't find it week 4 or5... In fact it will get worse.

Drew is 41 but with the shoulder surgery he had, that shoulder is probably closer to 50.

That's the issue. Nothing more. And now he is doubting himself on simple throws and not even attempting 30 yr seam passes.

I love Drew to death. I admire the player he developed to be. I would admire him even more if he were honest with himself and his team.

If the team and fans are ok with a mediocre season to give Drew final lap, then OK. Tell us that's the plan. Don't sell us SB aspirations though.

It's just very hard to watch and see the decline knowing how it limits our offense.

What he needs to find is strength in that shoulder. He won't find it week 4 or5... In fact it will get worse.

Drew is 41 but with the shoulder surgery he had, that shoulder is probably closer to 50.

That's the issue. Nothing more. And now he is doubting himself on simple throws and not even attempting 30 yr seam passes.

I love Drew to death. I admire the player he developed to be. I would admire him even more if he were honest with himself and his team.

If the team and fans are ok with a mediocre season to give Drew final lap, then OK. Tell us that's the plan. Don't sell us SB aspirations though.

It's just very hard to watch and see the decline knowing how it limits our offense.

This sums it up. People are in denial of what we are witnessing and it's sad to watch play out. He also toyed with and leaned towards retiring before this season so he already had a foot out the door. Now he has to deal with everything catching up at once. I wonder if we'll see a Manning 2015 type of season where we let the young QBs and defense carry the team and he stays along for the ride to get that 2nd ring filling in when he can and providing guidance and leadership through the process.

This sums it up. People are in denial of what we are witnessing and it's sad to watch play out. He also toyed with and leaned towards retiring before this season so he already had a foot out the door. Now he has to deal with everything catching up at once. I wonder if we'll see a Manning 2015 type of season where we let the young QBs and defense carry the team and he stays along for the ride to get that 2nd ring filling in when he can and providing guidance and leadership through the process.

I was one of those people.

I held on, just as Drew is now, too long. I've had several back n forths with Blackadder regarding Drew over last 3 years. Because I didn't want it to be true. Well it's true today as it was 3 years ago. Just took me longer to realize.

What drew is dealing with is what I wanted him to avoid... Handicapping team, thoughts of his legacy, his desire to compete/win no longer matches his ability.... All that. He doesn't deserve to have to deal with that. But here we are.

It aucks

It's not just his accuracy, but his ball placement has been extremely poor.

Drew's ball placement is almost 2015 Peyton bad.
Think some of that is lack of reps with some of the receivers (particularly Sanders and Harris). Timing will get better.

At one point during the game Brees looked like he banged up, I remember him shaking his arm or hand but they never replayed the hit. Anyone else see that?

sure did..shaking his arm out while walking down toward new LOS after a play. absolutely.

I don't think Drew is done. I think the defense is dictating Drew's throws. Why throw the ball 20+ yards down the field if the defense is taking that away from you?

Plus... Drew has never been an "air it out" kind of guy anyway. Sure he's hit some big throws in the past but that's never been our offense. Even when we had Devery and Meach out there we didn't throw a ton of deep balls.

Drew is a surgeon... he'll slice you up in the short-to-intermediate game... and he takes his shots down the field WHEN THE OPPORTUNITY PRESENTS ITSELF. I don't put much into the "he doesn't throw the ball down the field" movement. That pass to Jared Cook last week was a laser down the sideline and showed me that he still has some strength in that arm.

I will say though that he has missed some passes. That one to Josh Hill on the over route was bad. A couple he bounced. One behind Harris. Everybody misses throws even Pat Mahomes missed some this week. It happens.

I haven't buried Drew yet I still think he's elite. I just hope he can get some chemistry with Sanders, and I hope he can spread the ball around because without Mike T he needs to be able to trust EVERYBODY.

I am not sure if he is done, but between the limping and the arm shaking, are we sure he is not injured? If he is, he should sit out and heal for goodness sakes.

I am not sure if he is done, but between the limping and the arm shaking, are we sure he is not injured? If he is, he should sit out and heal for goodness sakes.

this is is out if he wants to take it. I don’t want to see him end his career playing like he did the 1st 2 games

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom