Article Links Saints interested in British Prospect (1 Viewer)

From what's being said, this kid has the intelligence to learn a position quickly. Add to that, the probability that he could also contribute this year in certain situations, and I see no reason not to draft him.

From watching that video it seems like he's definitely got the right attitude. He knows he has to work his tail off to make it and seems humble.

Regardless of whether we take a shot or not on him ill be rooting for him to make a team

Yeah, there was another long thread about this a few weeks back but being English I've been casually following Larry Okoye's various sporting endeavors since he was about 16. The kid isn't just an elite athlete, he's also a very polite, well-spoken and intelligent guy - he's got a deferred place at Oxford University (second best University in the UK) to read Law.

Something else which speaks to his ability to pick up new disciplines is that he was actually a Rugby player as a junior. He only picked up the Discus - which is a highly technical sport in itself - 4 years ago and went all the way to being ranked #5 in the world.

I feel certain that he'll be drafted because, as I say, some team (or I suspect, several teams) are going to fall in love with the kid when they meet him and I'd be cohmmmfortable using a 5th on him.

He is the ultimate 'swing for the fences' type pick and the chances are he won't work out. But there is also a chance he becomes the most dominant pass rusher of any player in this draft! I'd be willing to spend a 5th, stash him on the PS for a year or two and find out which way it goes.

He sounds awesome.....my concern would be that he stays with football for a year and then moves on. He seems to like to rotate to differeng things. I suppose this would pay the best but it takes a love and passion to stay in the game for a long time.

He sounds awesome.....my concern would be that he stays with football for a year and then moves on. He seems to like to rotate to differeng things. I suppose this would pay the best but it takes a love and passion to stay in the game for a long time.

That's been the knock against him in UK sporting circles for years but this does seem something he's serious about and I imagine the kind of money he'd be making could also be a strong motivating factor. I mean he gave up lucrative contracts to play Rugby in England but international Discus throwers make very little in comparison to NFL players. As I've said, if I had to gamble (albeit only with a 5th round pick) I'd gamble on a kid like this.

getting sick of being mentioned as interested parties in articles and always in addition to the 9ers. :aargh:

The 49's have a bunch of Compensatory picks that they can't trade, hence
any player with a "Wild Card" status attached to them gets mentioned, they have picks to burn this year.

The 49's have a bunch of Compensatory picks that they can't trade, hence
any player with a "Wild Card" status attached to them gets mentioned, they have picks to burn this year.

I'd be willing to take him in the 5th or 6th. I really hope the niners don't get to draft him. His measurables are off the chart. Dude has elite potential and with his intelligence and work ethic I could see him getting a chance to crack the starting lineup by his third season, possibly even second. I'd love to take a chance on him.

its also a pretty big point that he played rugby on a high level and therefore will in fact be able to wrap up and tackle better than quite a few football players. It also means that he knows how to move in space and play angles

I'd like to draft him too just to see what the coaches can do with him.
He seems like a perfect 7th round pick, but hey, it's Mickey and Payton so you never know.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q769w2fNmao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Um....HOLY SHOOT

Um....HOLY SHOOT

Just to put that video in context - the guy there with Larry is an English sprinter who is about the same height as Drew Brees. So now imagine that beast with his hand in the dirt about to go get the opposing QB and tell me you don't want to see that in black and gold!

I see a 6th round grade on this guy, but I would spend a 5th to make sure we get him, and keep on active roster as a back up OT and DE, worst case, or starter somewhere.

The guy is off the charts physically, mentally and work ethic. Has some rugby experience I would be shocked if under the right coaching he didn't excel at DE.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom