article on Ingram (1 Viewer)

People keeps talking about Ivory but he is a New York Jets. Move on people. I loved him as much as anyone but he wasnt going to stick around here.

I hope Ingram/Ivory doesnt turn into another Brooks/Delhomme thing.

The man has been hurt every step of the way, and is finally healthy. He, like everyone else went through the 2012 crap. He's not Jason David, Tebuckey Jones, or Josh Bullock, who TRULY wore out their welcome. I wholeheartedly believe that he's gonna prove a lot of the doubter fans wrong. Seriously, do the "Anti" Ingram fans amongst us really want Ingram to fail? Cause it appears that way to me. I mean WOW, he's a Saint!

It's 3.9 ypc not 3. 3 to 3.5 is average in NFL. Ingram was used more in short yardage last season. In short yardage when the line is stacked against you you aren't going to average 5-6 ypc going up the middle unless your OL just blows eveyone off the line, which our OL did very little of last season. How mahy time did Pierre Thomas & Darren Sproles get tackled behind the LOS.

I was responding to someone else saying 3.

The man has been hurt every step of the way, and is finally healthy. He, like everyone else went through the 2012 crap. He's not Jason David, Tebuckey Jones, or Josh Bullock, who TRULY wore out their welcome. I wholeheartedly believe that he's gonna prove a lot of the doubter fans wrong. Seriously, do the "Anti" Ingram fans amongst us really want Ingram to fail? Cause it appears that way to me. I mean WOW, he's a Saint!

Not sure why that always comes up. Who said they WANT him to fail? Wanting a player to do better or a different player , I never understood why that's not allowed. The goal is to win games. Brees is best Saints QB ever, but when he stops having the skills of a starting QB, I want him replaced. Nothing personal.

To answer the trade question, I wish the hapless Jets didn't want him and he stayed with us. AND, how do we know how many teams were interested?

We clearly know that, aside from some rumours that linked three other teams as slightly interested in the player, only one (and we're speaking about the hapless New York Jets) was willing to trade for him. So what does it mean? It means that there are 30 NFL front offices that don't value Chris Ivory (who can be viewed as a nice power runner that is a liability in every other aspect of the game) as much as some Saints' fans...are they all filled with clueless, stubborn people or what?

People keeps talking about Ivory but he is a New York Jets. Move on people. I loved him as much as anyone but he wasnt going to stick around here.

I hope Ingram/Ivory doesnt turn into another Brooks/Delhomme thing.[/QUOTE]

You best believe if Ivory goes off this year it will be.

If he is healthy I think its a given he will have a goid year. He is a good, explosive, violent runner, perfectly suited for a teams with no QB and no good passing game.

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

Not sharp, just stubborn. Maybe Payton can't admit that he should move on in the backfield plan.
My eyes do not decieve me when I watch a game.
As said before, opposing defenses do not fear when Ingram is in. They did when Ivory was in.
To answer the trade question, I wish the hapless Jets didn't want him and he stayed with us. AND, how do we know how many teams were interested?

id like to know how you know this and what defender in the NFL actually "fear" a single player on offense on any team

what NFL players do you talk to that have told you they are scared of a running back?

I was waiting for that comment....So where do you rank our O line??? Food for thought. ;)

And it's not that I don't even consider that a valid point.....but with Ingram it seems it's all on him.

You're not very good at arguing. If you're saying our o line is comparable to the same one ES ran behind you're just making Ingram look even worse.

First of all I'm not arguing anything! I have just stated my opinions. And if you think I am comparing our O line to the line ES had....then....nevermind....you aren't catching my point.

I am done in this thread....said all I had to say....take it or leave it. ;)

making Ingram look even worse.

This statement says enough on it's own. So why bother, we will see when the games start.

heres what confuses me...

a guy like galette that plays limited snaps and has 5 sacks or less per year is primed for a breakout year and is a fan favorite.....

but a guy like ingram who is going into only his 3rd season and averages 5 TDs a season on limited snaps is in a make OR break season and is pretty consistently bashed for not performing like an all pro

if a guy like galette is primed for higher production with an increase in snaps.....why is a guy like ingram hindering the team when he is supposedly going to take on more snaps?

Because if you measure the number of pressures that Gallette gets per snap its impressive. Forget about sacks. Its pressures.

Just like wiht ingram forget about TDs. Its YPC. And its not impressive.

I see the ingram white knights have blown this thread up. almost as bad as a harper thread.

it wont because we have at least 2 better rb's than ingram already on the roster.

This guy needs to be supported until he's out of the black and gold, he's ours, lets show him love, ivory is now a jet, I want, we need, this guy to succeed, here's to a great year mark

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom