Article on Saints QB situation (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Having enjoyed one of the simplest quarterback situations in the NFL for more than a decade, the New Orleans Saints now confront one of the most fascinating.

The Saints have contractual control over no quarterbacks for 2020. Their immediate outlook will become simpler if Drew Brees announces his plans to play another season at age 41, but thorny questions would remain even then.

Brees’s age and the varied appeal of two backups — Teddy Bridgewater and Taysom Hill — who are headed into a form of free agency make the Saints’ quarterback outlook a sneakily major spring NFL subplot.

Welcoming Brees back is the easiest, likeliest outcome and the clearest path for the Saints to contend for an elusive second Super Bowl next season.

It’s still complicated for the Saints. Last season, they had three quarterbacks with the potential to lead an NFL team — one obvious legend, one ascendant leader and one intriguing project.........

That's really an article for casual fans. Anyone posting on this board at THIS point in the off-season thoroughly understands all of the implications covered concerning all three QBs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing you for posting it at all. When's the last time the WaPo published a full length article on the Saints concerning football? I couldn't even tell you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom