Article on why the NFL is allowing our game to proceed (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score

NFL has clearly stated they don't give a rat's behind if there is a competitive advantage of one team over another.

Is the only reason the game is still on because it’s on Sunday?
If Saints/Broncos was the Thursday night game, does it get postponed like the ravens?

The inconsistency is what is making players and fans go crazy

I’m glad we’re gonna get to play. But can you imagine how irritated we would be if this game was GB vs DEN and Denver was having this same issue. We’d be P'Oed at the league for screwing with the competitive balance and basically gifting GB a win in a close conference race.

it’s just nice to be on the good side of those frustrating situations for once! 😅

No, there's no double standard here.

Week 4
  • Pittsburgh Steelers @ Tennessee Titans: Moved from Sunday, Oct. 4 to Sunday, Oct. 25 (Week 7) due to multiple positive COVID-19 test results from the Titans.
  • New England Patriots @ Kansas City Chiefs: moved from Sunday, Oct. 4 to Monday, Oct. 5 due to positive COVID-19 test results from both teams.
Week 5
  • Buffalo Bills @ Tennessee Titans: Moved from Sunday, Oct. 11 to Tuesday, Oct. 13 due to positive COVID-19 test results from the Titans.

Although, I want a fair game instead of an astrick *
I think the reason no postponement is due to
1. Sunday Game (as some stated)
However, playoff seeding..Saints are in the top seed, if canceled, rescheduled, entire seeding into a nightmare. Remember only the top division gets a Bye During first Rd..due to covid.

I’m glad we’re gonna get to play. But can you imagine how irritated we would be if this game was GB vs DEN and Denver was having this same issue. We’d be P'Oed at the league for screwing with the competitive balance and basically gifting GB a win in a close conference race.

it’s just nice to be on the good side of those frustrating situations for once! 😅
Go check out the packer forum. I’m sure they’re griping up a storm
Lol

Looks like the Broncos bear a heavier burden of rescheduling due to their apparent violation of mask rules by the quarterbacks? Oh well, nobody can say the Saints aren't due a break after the infamous non-call. I will take it.

Although, I want a fair game instead of an astrick *
I think the reason no postponement is due to
1. Sunday Game (as some stated)
However, playoff seeding..Saints are in the top seed, if canceled, rescheduled, entire seeding into a nightmare. Remember only the top division gets a Bye During first Rd..due to covid.

The good news is that regardless of the outcome, we are guaranteed not receive an astrick.

No, there's no double standard here.

Week 4
  • Pittsburgh Steelers @ Tennessee Titans: Moved from Sunday, Oct. 4 to Sunday, Oct. 25 (Week 7) due to multiple positive COVID-19 test results from the Titans.
  • New England Patriots @ Kansas City Chiefs: moved from Sunday, Oct. 4 to Monday, Oct. 5 due to positive COVID-19 test results from both teams.
Week 5
  • Buffalo Bills @ Tennessee Titans: Moved from Sunday, Oct. 11 to Tuesday, Oct. 13 due to positive COVID-19 test results from the Titans.

I don't think there's a double standard - you have to look at the circumstances of each, and the key is new positive tests. There's a distinction between a game impacted by an outbreak of unknown scope and might still be going on versus a team impacted by positive tests that appear to be limited and no new positives are happening.

The Broncos were unable to meet and practice yesterday based on Thursday tests, but there were no new positive tests since then. So the last positive test was Thursday. If there's no new positives tomorrow, there's no reason to think that there's an outbreak within the team and the game can go forward (because the high-risk people are quarantined). The QB room was ruled out due to the high-risk contact tracing - not due to new positive tests.

I think the Bills lost their TE room in a game earlier this year (vs. Jets) on the same basic facts, but the game went on because there were no new positives in the final days leading up to the game. The Titans were showing new positives right up to gameday - the game had to be postponed. Same with the Ravens this week.

If there are new positives in the Denver locker room tomorrow morning, it might be postponed. Otherwise, the latest positive test was three days ago and it's game on. At least that's how it looks like the NFL is handling it.

In other words, if there's no new positive tests, any given game won't be postponed - deal with it as a competitive matter. If there are new positive tests, it's too risky to play the game as a health matter and it must be postponed.

Last edited:
Go check out the packer forum. I’m sure they’re griping up a storm
Lol

The Packers? Seriously....even their fans must realize that the Refs "gift" them 1-2 games every year. Just look at the Lions game last year with the hands to the face calls and the heavy attempt at a gift this year with "fifty" holding calls on the Colts.

I think even Packers fans realize they are one of the "chosen" franchises.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom