Article: Sean Payton brought back high-intensity attitude, high-intensity workouts (1 Viewer)

I love the group and individual competition, just hope they train smart and not over do it with injuries. This is the starting point for the making of a special season. :gosaints:

Sean is back better than ever.
Regrettably, this is what comes to mind with the phrase "better than ever". You don't have to watch the whole thing, but at least go to 1:41.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y6Ga7Iorwlc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boy, am I glad coach is back, but Burt Reynolds used to be pretty cool.
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that room to hear what Coach Payton REALLY thought of the whole "scandal"..
Well, if tapes exists and if he who shall not be named can use it against us as "proof" of something that happened on field that didn't ACTUALLY happen, I'm sure we'll be seeing it. Heaven knows in the NFL, it's never safe to express your true emotions.

Well, if tapes exists and if he who shall not be named can use it against us as "proof" of something that happened on field that didn't ACTUALLY happen, I'm sure we'll be seeing it. Heaven knows in the NFL, it's never safe to express your true emotions.

I'd be willing to bet that everyone who walked into that room had to leave his phone behind.. :mwink:

I'd be willing to bet that everyone who walked into that room had to leave his phone behind.. :mwink:

Probably so. It's gonna be a tight ship because somebody got his panties all in a wad over how HE interpreted what something meant even though there was no corresponding onfield video proof.

Must.get.over.bitterness.

"@MikeTriplett: #Saints Sean Payton brought back high-intensity attitude, high-intensity workouts #crossfit | New Orleans, LA Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NOLA.com http://t.co/JRSzoUnOqw"

YOU'RE ALL WORTHLESS AND WEAK!

neidermeyer.jpeg

:hihi:

I Crossfit (see my avatar) and I can tell you, it works. It works very well. I played basketball in high school and was quite the leaper, of course I was 17 or 18 years old so that's pretty natural. After about 4 to 5 months of Crossfit, I had all my explosion from back then and more, and this is when I was 29 years old. I got my windmill dunk back and added a couple new ones I was never able to execute.

I got bigger, faster, and stronger. I can only imagine he much it would help our players considering they dedicate their life to it.

U kinda look like Vin Diesel

I did CrossFit for a year. I also got in the best shape of my life. A person's stamina and conditionin goes through the roof on it. The one drawback, and a huge one, injuries are very common. Everything is done for time and in competition. Because of this people get sloppy with form while lifting. I'm sure their staff is aware of this and will be monitoring. Part of me is excited because everyone should enter the season in great shape but injuries might go up and that is something that has already been a problem for the team before the season.

I did CrossFit for a year. I also got in the best shape of my life. A person's stamina and conditionin goes through the roof on it. The one drawback, and a huge one, injuries are very common. Everything is done for time and in competition. Because of this people get sloppy with form while lifting. I'm sure their staff is aware of this and will be monitoring. Part of me is excited because everyone should enter the season in great shape but injuries might go up and that is something that has already been a problem for the team before the season.

I have to agree with this.

I've been doing crossfit since January and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. Leaner, Faster, and stronger. It has changed my whole perspective on fitness. These will definitely be in shape for TC. Also, like what discoloredcurrenc says, hopefully the training staff will keep them from injuring themselves during these competitive workouts.

From the article, one of my favorite parts:

The Saints' players were already going to be plenty fired up about returning to work this offseason, regardless of Payton's attitude. They're so eager to move past the bounty drama and their on-field struggles that led to the team's first losing season since 2007.

But there is no doubt that Payton's return has done wonders for both the comfort level - and the energy level - around the Saints' practice facility.
(Martez) Wilson said when he asked Payton how it felt being back, he said it was like "being out of prison."
Good for you, Coach. Tell it like it is. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom