N/S Article: What I learned walking 71,940 yards for Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
By Benjamin Gallagher. Www.nfl.com

If there's a good time to begin a 41-mile marathon in West New Orleans, I can't imagine it's 3 a.m. But just five days after coming up with #BreesAThon in Los Angeles, we started walking.

It took Drew Brees 17 seasons (plus five games) to break the all-time passing yards record with 71,940 yards. Grady Rains and I were about to cover that distance in one day -- the day that Brees would make football history.

201 yards away from becoming the NFL's all-time leading passer... Will history be made on #MNF?@drewbrees and the @sainTS take on the Redskins TONIGHT (8:15pm ET) on ESPN! #WASvsNOpic.twitter.com/7UDIPE1JkM

— NFL (@NFL) October 8, 2018

We charted a path through the Big Easy that followed the Mississippi River for 28.4 miles to an old battlefield, where we'd turn toward downtown, snake the famous streets of the French Quarter, cross Canal St., and walk onto the field at the Superdome. There, we'd shake hands with Drew Brees before he claimed one of the most impressive statistical records in sports.

TOMORROW. WE ARE WALKING 40.8 MILES IN ONE DAY.

Full story here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-i-learned-walking-71940-yards-for-drew-brees

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom