Saints As a Saints fan what are you thankful for (1 Viewer)

Having been able to take my daughter to 60 or so games over the past 15 years and allowing her to enjoy the success we never had when I was a kid. Great times in my favorite place on earth combined with a minimum of a fighting chance to win every game and damn near perfection at times.

Thankful for a decade of exciting football after watching the torture those old Saints put my Dad through for many decades. I didn’t become a die-hard fan until 09. I picked the right year! It wasn’t a bandwagon type thing either. After a tough time in my life, I needed something to enjoy. Now I’m black and gold for life, through the good and bad. And after some recent health issues that have made life challenging, I am just thankful for a new season of Saints football.

The SuperBowl WIN was the most significant event in my 52 years of following our beloved Saints. It made up for all of the terribly frustrating seasons, poor draft and coach selections and the ineptitude of Senior Management for so many years and decades. Honestly, I really was not sure I would ever in my lifetime see us get into and then actually win a SuperBowl. Everything after that has been a bonus!

1) Russell Long and Hale Boggs
2) Tom Dempsey
3) Tulane Stadium & The Dome
4) Archie Manning
5) Tinker Owens - ok, I had a crush on him
6) Tom Benson
7) The Dome Patrol
8) The River City Relay
9) Kyle Turley
10) NOT being moved to San Antonio

11) Coach Payton
12) Drew Brees
13) Steve Gleason (and Curtis Deloatch)
14) That Homecoming Game!!!
15) The 2006-2009 team/s
16) NFCCG & Garrett Hartley
17) THE XLIV SUPERBOWL!!!!!
18) Getting thru Bountygate
19) The team NEVER giving up after the vendetta started
20) That we will have a team ready and able to go all the way this season!

I have a bunch of other things, but those are the highlights.

I’m thankful that Gayle Benson took over the Saints and the Pelicans franchises instead of Rita Benson. I truly believe Rite was going to fire Coach Payton and company, then subsequently tank every season just so she [Rita Benson] can have an excuse to move our beloved Saints to San Antonio. Tom Benson know what Rita’s intentions were, and the put Saints and the Pelicans in the good hands of Gayle Benson. Thank goodness!

Thankful to have been able to experience a SB victory (and possibly more), sadly, not all Saint Fans have had that experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom