As a Veteran of the US Navy - Saints, and Non-Saints (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont believe kappernick is "black balled." The NFL let Greg freaking Hardy back in the league after what he did. If a GM thought Kappernick gave them the best option at QB to win, he'd be on a team right now.

its not only GMs it’s the owners also and once Greg Hardy impacted an organizations perceived public reputation or bottom line he was expedited out the league as well. Hardy never stood or knelt for anything but himself and they tolerated him.

The owners, behind closed doors or individually decided that Kaep and the attention he brought from his protest wasn’t worth employing him regardless of talent. They have that right as team owners but they also must deal with the outcome and the public perception that Kaep was black balled. Even 4 years later, if you’re being honest Kaep has the ability to start in the league over some of the other starting 32 teams. You don’t think that Pittsburg, Miami, Indianapolis could’ve used him last year? You don’t think that he could beat out Tyrod Taylor in San Diego right now c’mon.

Kaep is 32. While unpopular with many fans here I’d take him battling for a starting position with Taysom next year over Winston.

Last edited:
I’ll probably get hate for this but here it goes. My dad joined the Navy the day after Pearl Harbor. He went off for training and then to Philadelphia then onto the USS New Jersey BB-62 battleship for its maiden cruise. He got to San Diego and got 2 weeks off to go home to Columbia Mississippi where he married my mom. My mom had never been out of Marion county Mississippi but she got in a car with my dad and they drove back to San Diego. They had 3 days together before my dad had to leave and it was 15 months until he was able to call her. In the mean time she was surviving on $40 a month while not knowing if she would see my dad again. My dad told me about losing his best friend who died in his arms. He also told me stories the wounded Marines would tell them of the horror they were seeing in the ground war. One of his best friends fought on Iwo Jima and I often heard about the way they felt after seeing the American flag raised there.
I understand there is a whole generation that doesn’t have the love or respect I have for the flag. But you are damn right I will never agree to anyone disrespecting our country or our flag. If you have a issue with that that’s fine but that’s where I stand. There’s not enough pressure from anyone or money to get me to change my mind.

Drew said something that a lot of people didn't agree with - including me - but, he had the right to say it. What he should have said was that according to his opinion......if he had done this, I don't think this would have gotten so blown up. Instead, it sounded like it was a wrong action to stand up - in the way you chose to do it - for what you believe in.

If I plant a tree in my yard, and say I'm doing it to pay tribute to a fallen friend, and you tell me I'm doing it to disrespect the US military and everyone who ever served, are you expressing your opinion or are you dismissing my reason? The reason which I announced from the start btw, and you've not only dismissed it, but have completely misrepresented what i said and what i did? Is this still just you voicing your opinion? If Kapernick was kneeling as a protest against the military then Drew's opinion about kneeling and his grandfather would be perfectly valid but it wasn't a protest vs the military.

This isn't a Black person and a White person looking at a neutral incident and each interpreting how they see it, this is Colin Kapernick and those who knelt, doing it and explaining why, yet they've been completely disregarded and ignored with Trump and other people saying, hey let me tell you why they did it. That is 100% wrong, and it's why Drew Brees was 100% wrong. and after a few days Drew realized that and even stood up to President Trump to make that clear. This wasn't an opinion, Drew was wrong and he admitted it and fixed it.

I have and idea, what about Kneeling in the center of the field after the coin toss for 2-3 mins. Both teams in their entirety, to show support for change? That wouldn't offend anyone would it! Common sense is not very common now days.

I have and idea, what about Kneeling in the center of the field after the coin toss for 2-3 mins. Both teams in their entirety, to show support for change? That wouldn't offend anyone would it! Common sense is not very common now days.
How about for 8:46 minutes/seconds. Would really put into perspective of what Derek Chauvin did do George Floyd... for 8:46.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom