As Americans, is it accurate to consider Canada an international country? (1 Viewer)

I was born and raised in Canada (live in the States now). I've always seen USA as a different country, but they're certainly very similar compared to the rest of the world.

I think the same type of question could be asked of California. As of right now, there are more Latinos in California, than any other ethnic group. Plus, with the open migration with Mexico, and net migration out of native Californians, it's basically an international state at this point.

There is a global push to make Canada, U.S., and Mexico one political area. I believe they have a currency in the making called, the Amero. Welcome to the New World Order.

I think the same type of question could be asked of California. As of right now, there are more Latinos in California, than any other ethnic group.

"Latino" and "American" are not mutually exclusive, though.

Estimates from 5 years ago put the illegal population in CA at around 6%. So, I'm not sure how that makes it an "international country"

Moreover, that population has been declining steadily since peaking in 2007 until at least five years ago (2014 was about the same level as 2000)

https://www.ppic.org/publication/undocumented-immigrants-in-california/

Undocumented-Immigrants_fig-1.png

Last edited:
"Latino" and "American" are not mutually exclusive, though.

Estimates from 5 years ago put the illegal population in CA at around 6%. So, I'm not sure how that makes it an "international country"

Moreover, that population has been declining steadily since peaking in 2007 until at least five years ago (2014 was about the same level as 2000)

At this point it's still debatable, but I think in 10 years it will not be. I would recommend visiting Los Angeles, California this year for an eye opening experience.

the new polymer bills up here are pretty cool and colorful - and Viola Davis on the $10 bill :yes:

new-bill-770x470.jpg

At this point it's still debatable, but I think in 10 years it will not be. I would recommend visiting Los Angeles, California this year for an eye opening experience.

I still don't understand your point. I'm not sure what you're "debating."

Is Latino not American even if the Latinos in question are, in fact, American?
What makes it an "international country"? Illegals or Latinos?
Did you mean "Los Angeles" when you typed "California"?
New Mexico has a higher Latino population than California - does that mean that New Mexico should also be considered a "foreign country"?
Texas has a comparable percentage as a state of Latinos, does that mean that Texas should be considered an "international country"? (as an aside, I can't imagine that perspective would go over all that well based on living next door to or inside of for most of my life)

I think the same type of question could be asked of California. As of right now, there are more Latinos in California, than any other ethnic group. Plus, with the open migration with Mexico, and net migration out of native Californians, it's basically an international state at this point.

There is a global push to make Canada, U.S., and Mexico one political area. I believe they have a currency in the making called, the Amero. Welcome to the New World Order.

You do know that, until relatively not long ago, California was part of México, right? Ergo the Spanish names for the majority of cities in California.

And there is no "open migration", no matter what you have been lead to believe.

Last edited:
Like I said, it's still debatable. Your talking to someone who is born and raised in California, so I might have a different perspective on the matter. I would encourage you to talk to people who actually live in the state or visit it yourself. I know I can make phone calls and talk to family and friends (who live in California) to get their input. I would encourage you to investigate it further, if it's of interest to you. All the best!

Last edited:
Like I said, it's still debatable. Your talking to someone who is born and raised in California, so I might have a different perspective on the matter. I would encourage you to talk to people who actually live in the state or visit it yourself. I know I can make phone calls and talk to family and friends (who live in California) to get their input. I would encourage you to investigate it further, if it's of interest to you. All the best!

I still don't know what you're debating. There are American citizens who are Latino who live in California and make up a significant part of the population (like other states). How does that make it an "international country" in the sense that it's somehow apart from the USA? What am I supposed to "investigate"?

I still don't know what you're debating. There are American citizens who are Latino who live in California and make up a significant part of the population (like other states). How does that make it an "international country" in the sense that it's somehow apart from the USA? What am I supposed to "investigate"?

Please visit California. Don't you think first hand knowledge is the best? Have you ever lived there? See what it's like. When is the last time you been to California? Have you ever been there?

Once you answer these questions, you will know what to investigate.

Last edited:
Please visit California. Don't you think first hand knowledge is the best? Have you ever lived there? See what it's like. When is the last time you been to California? Have you ever been there?

Once you answer these questions, you will know what to investigate.
What will our eyes tell us?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom