As it stands now, I think Hillary takes Texas due to a new trend among Republican crossover voters. (2 Viewers)

Not to get y'all off track, but I have an ignorant question: Why is the hispanic vote said to favor Hillary? Just curious.

People forget that Obama had to win 10 in a row to just pull slightly ahead of Clinton. The race is far from over.

Republicans trying to fix/steal an election using dishonest/self-serving tactics to override the will of the people. I've never heard of such.

People forget that Obama had to win 10 in a row to just pull slightly ahead of Clinton. The race is far from over.

Actually I don't think he has ever really trailed her in pledged delegates and if so not by much or for long. This is only even close because of the Super Delegates which can still switch and will probably overwhelmingly support the pledged delegate winner.

Actually, it was 11 in a row and give it the credit it deserves. he is going up against the wife of a former 2-term president. They have roots into the DNC that reach very far. Then, here comes Obama, I mean Barack Hussein Obama, to take a lead in the primary like that. She may have sexist people that may not vote for her (maybe). But, those guys do not get as fired-up about their cause as the racial antagonists can get. Now say it: He won 11 in a row.

You are selling it short my friend.

There's a lot of fear out there on the right.

And they've got nothing to run on in the fall except more of it: fear of terror, fear of Iran, fear of higher taxes (despite the fact that we're practically a tax haven, and the net effect on most Americans would be minimal), fear that somebody will take away your RPG launcher, fear of immigrants, fear, fear, fear.

Obama is refusing to battle on their well-chosen terms, and it scares the hell out of the operatives.

So hes refusing to discuss any important issues and instead just keeps saying change and hope alot? Thats supposed to be a good thing?

He'll have to discuss those issues in the general election unless he wants to get trounced. Its alot easier to get by on slogans in the primaries where supporters latch onto candidates for personal reasons (Huckabee supporters are just as bad). Everything you just said is a major issue in this country and will have to be "battled on."

Last edited:
Actually I don't think he has ever really trailed her in pledged delegates and if so not by much or for long. This is only even close because of the Super Delegates which can still switch and will probably overwhelmingly support the pledged delegate winner.

Yep, he's held the pledged delegate lead since Iowa.

His current lead is insurmountable barring several major scandals.

I fall into the camp that believes Obama is easier beat by the Republican nominee. If Hillary gets the nod she gets to leverage Bill who had the highest approval rating of any President in the history of capturing these ratings (one point higher than Reagan if I recall correctly). Plus the Clintons have experience campaigning and beating the Republicans while Obama does not (unless of course you count "replacement candidate" Alan Keyes 86 day Illinois Senatorial bid).

I don't understand the strategy of voting for Hillary unless it's to prolong the campaign and keep the pressure on the Dems and the DNC--which will make the Dem Convention much more interesting.

I would find it hard to believe that Hillary could win by double digits because of Republican turnout, but it definitely worries me.

All I would have to say to Republicans who have/might vote for Hillary because they want her to face McCain is: be careful what you wish for. I don't think either candidate will have trouble beating McCain, and then the Republicans will get to sit through what would likely be eight years of President Hillary.

That being said, I don't think Hillary can win the nomination, but President McCain isn't likely to happen either way.

Last edited:
Not to get y'all off track, but I have an ignorant question: Why is the hispanic vote said to favor Hillary? Just curious.

There was a news segment on this a couple weeks ago. It sounds like it's purely racial between Hispanics and blacks. Especially older hispanics. I'll see if I can dig up the news segment or article.

There was a news segment on this a couple weeks ago. It sounds like it's purely racial between Hispanics and blacks. Especially older hispanics. I'll see if I can dig up the news segment or article.

I was afraid that might be it. I was never really aware of a lot of racial tension between hispanics and blacks aside from the "crips" and "bloods", in L.A. in the 80's, but it seems prevalent now.

I would find it hard to believe that Hillary could win by double digits because of Republican turnout, but it definitely worries me.

All I would have to say to Republicans who have/might vote for Hillary because they want her to face McCain is: be careful what you wish for. I don't think either candidate will have trouble beating McCain, and then the Republicans will get to sit through what would likely be eight years of President Hillary.

That being said, I don't think Hillary can win the nomination, but President McCain isn't likely to happen either way.

A) Republicans think McCain has a better shot against Hillary
B) Even if McCain can't beat her, Hillary is a known commodity. Republicans know she can be bought, wined, dined, etc., making her little different from a Republican candidate. Little is known about Obama, and that makes him scary to the powers that be. That might be good for the country. It might now. But we fear what we don't understand.

A) Republicans think McCain has a better shot against Hillary
B) Even if McCain can't beat her, Hillary is a known commodity. Republicans know she can be bought, wined, dined, etc., making her little different from a Republican candidate. Little is known about Obama, and that makes him scary to the powers that be. That might be good for the country. It might now. But we fear what we don't understand.

And while Obama may not be the Democratic version of Ronald Reagan, there is the possibility that he could put the party on a trajectory of dominance for years (of course, there is the possibility he could fail miserably). With Hillary you know the GOP will be unified in opposition, you know that Congress will likely revert to Republican rule and you know that in eight years you will see a Republican President. An Obama Presidency could be great for the Republicans, or it could be terrible. A Hillary Presidency is great for the long-term prospects of the GOP.

Even if McCain can't beat her, Hillary is a known commodity. Republicans know she can be bought, wined, dined, etc., making her little different from every politician in Washington.

I fixed it @ no charge...:p

I fall into the camp that believes Obama is easier beat by the Republican nominee. If Hillary gets the nod she gets to leverage Bill who had the highest approval rating of any President in the history of capturing these ratings (one point higher than Reagan if I recall correctly). Plus the Clintons have experience campaigning and beating the Republicans while Obama does not (unless of course you count "replacement candidate" Alan Keyes 86 day Illinois Senatorial bid).

I don't understand the strategy of voting for Hillary unless it's to prolong the campaign and keep the pressure on the Dems and the DNC--which will make the Dem Convention much more interesting.

Bill has never helped anybodies campaign but his own, and even then he never won 50% of the vote. Not saying thats a bad thing on his part, but using him as a campaign piece will only hurt her, and it will leave her wide open to attacks that she can't handle the job. Obama has already pressed that issue several times and its worked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom