As much as I love my Saints (1 Viewer)

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know that penalties are a part of the game but this game was blatantly handed to the Packers.

It's just not even fair anymore. If the game is called fairly I wouldn't have a problem with any of it.

It's almost to the point that I don't even want to watch football anymore!!

I hear you but the Saints didn't deserve to win this game. Our offense is too predictable and some of the penalties were warranted. Our DB's just can't seem to cover downfield without pulling or grabbing. Too bad we can get those because we're unable to push the ball downfield.

I hear you but the Saints didn't deserve to win this game. Our offense is too predictable and some of the penalties were warranted. Our DB's just can't seem to cover downfield without pulling or grabbing. Too bad we can get those because we're unable to push the ball downfield.
This

Disagree---when you have 4 or more erroneous calls made (this according to McAuley) in the favor of one team and none in favor of the other, it's going to affect the outcome of the game. Our "predictable" offense still put up 30, but it's like it's been pointed out before---it seems our secondary has been marked by the refs as prone to grab/hold, and it's something that's going to have to be overcome

I know that penalties are a part of the game but this game was blatantly handed to the Packers.

It's just not even fair anymore. If the game is called fairly I wouldn't have a problem with any of it.

I am absolutely taking next week off. If it feels good, I'll keep doing it. But I'm not going to keep letting the NFL doing this and asking for more of the same

I am absolutely taking next week off. If it feels good, I'll keep doing it. But I'm not going to keep letting the NFL doing this and asking for more of the same

I totally agree. There is DEFINITELY something up with the NFL and the Saints. This is 3 years in a row now? We lost to a great team, but we cant beat the refs also. It's not something i like blaming a game on, because we had our opportunites, but Payton needs to rewrite the playbook. And also, not having MT is a big reason. Dont care what anytone says.

Agreed...and this has honestly been the case for the last several years, but the straw that may just finally get me to actually tune out is the lack of fans in the stands. I wouldn't have imagined how weird / different it feels watching a football game with no screaming fans in the stands but I just don't feel the same connection to the game. I have to wonder if the players are feeling it too.

The blatant officiating bias, fanless glorified exhibition games and uninspired play & coaching from the Saints has just really taken me out of the sport this season.

Refs are so biased against Saints after Payton blew the confidentiality of Riveron’s call to him after Ram call. Refs were P'Oed off royally at Riveron and at Payton. Then Payton and Gail got PI challenge rule inserted last year where Saints got screwed all year on those challenges including Rudolph’s push off to win Viking playoff game. It is an absolute guarantee that the refs sit around and discuss how much they hate Payton. It is human nature.

Our team can be playing poorly and also be subject to unfair officiating. There is no excuse for unfair officiating. It's not even bad officiating because at least the BS calls would go both ways. That hasn't been the case for the last few years....but especially so far this season.

Most teams will play games pretty close and officiating influence is all that is needed to swing a game 1-2 scores one way or another. The Saints didn't play well enough to blow the Packers out tonight but they played well enough to keep the game close....the difference maker was crucial calls made at the right times. Crosby didn't have enough on that FG kick to cover the additional penalty yards that should have come on Roger's intentional grounding the play before. There should have been OPI called on one of their TDs...which would have likely resulted in a FG instead. They were going to give GB the 1st down on a 4th down play that didn't get anywhere near the marker....and we had to use a challenge flag to get it right...stuff like that.

Because the Saints have seemingly been playing so far below their talent level maybe they didn't deserve to win....but they sure could have if the game were called fairly. That is the point.

Last edited:
Refs are so biased against Saints after Payton blew the confidentiality of Riveron’s call to him after Ram call. Refs were P'Oed off royally at Riveron and at Payton. Then Payton and Gail got PI challenge rule inserted last year where Saints got screwed all year on those challenges including Rudolph’s push off to win Viking playoff game. It is an absolute guarantee that the refs sit around and discuss how much they hate Payton. It is human nature.

It's hard to really go there, in that this is some sort of vendetta thing...but it's also hard to deny that there is something going on. It's either NFL head office directed or some kind of grade school grudge match from the officiating crew...but something is not right. How you miss all the holding going on the GB o-line but quick to pull a flag out for DPI for an uncatchable ball is really hard to square away.

Our team can be playing poorly and also be subject to unfair officiating. There is no excuse for unfair officiating. It's not even bad officiating because at least the BS calls would go both ways. That hasn't been the case for the last few years....but especially so far this season.

Most teams will play games pretty close and officiating influence is all that is needed to swing a game 1-2 scores one way or another. The Saints didn't play well enough to blow the Packers out tonight but they played well enough to keep the game close....the difference maker was crucial calls made at the right times. Crosby didn't have enough on that FG kick to cover the additional penalty yards that should have come on Roger's intentional grounding the play before. There should have been OPI called on one of their TDs...which would have likely resulted in a FG instead. They were going to give GB the 1st down on a 4th down play that didn't get anywhere near the marker....and we had to use a challenge flag to get it right...stuff like that.

Because the Saints have seemingly been playing so far below their talent level maybe they didn't deserve to win....but they sure could have if the game were called fairly. That is the point.
Exactly!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom