As much as it pains for me to say this... We should re-sign Tre'Quan Smith. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The biggest example for keeping him is PJ Williams and that keeping depth with upside is always better than nothing.

PJ Williams had his best season as a Saint and if Smith stays around and continues to improve. He should be a solid depth guy for years to come on the cheap.

He's affordable. He's young with a ton if talent and upside.

I still have beef with him never being available when you need him the most. If he's good 400 yards and a few TDs. He's a good WR3 or WR4 that you gotta keep.

If you can get him for close to the vet minimum, he's a good option as your #4 WR. But you have to get back Michael Thomas and upgrade the #2 WR spot or he is way to far up the depth chart to be comfortable with him.

Of course, the problem is that he doesn't play special teams as far as I recall and it's hard to be a #4 WR that doesn't play special teams.

The biggest example for keeping him is PJ Williams and that keeping depth with upside is always better than nothing.

PJ Williams had his best season as a Saint and if Smith stays around and continues to improve. He should be a solid depth guy for years to come on the cheap.

He's affordable. He's young with a ton if talent and upside.

I still have beef with him never being available when you need him the most. If he's good 400 yards and a few TDs. He's a good WR3 or WR4 that you gotta keep.
Agree. He knows the playbook and blocks. Sign him to a one year deal like we have been doing with PJ Williams. Bring in a rookie and veteran. Push TQS down to spot duty (4th WR) and let him earn it in TC.

Nope...let him walk, create as many vacancies we need to create in the WR room to force us to upgrade. Callaway and Harris are the only keepers outside MT13 that I wanna see next year...and I only really want to see Harris as a KR and an occasional deep hitter. But I want a stud WR in the 1st that can be your every down WR that can hit over the top as well.

Nope...let him walk, create as many vacancies we need to create in the WR room to force us to upgrade. Callaway and Harris are the only keepers outside MT13 that I wanna see next year...and I only really want to see Harris as a KR and an occasional deep hitter. But I want a stud WR in the 1st that can be your every down WR that can hit over the top as well.
We probably need to add a rookie with at least one of the top three picks. That said, if TQS comes with a one-year (FINALLY) prove-it deal at the Vet minimum, he's probably worth it for system knowledge and blocking abilities alone. Side note: Lil Jordan came on pretty strong late. Something to also consider.

Last edited:
200.gif

vet minimum and then I'm still not sure because he is largely wasting your time with having to scramble to replace him when he's injured

Depressing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom