As of now 3 positions to fill (coaching and staff) (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out who may be the people replacing Terry Fontenot, Dan Campbell and Aaron Glenn. I presume the organization will look to promote from within and look at external candidates.

Here are some (very speculative) candidates:

To replace Dan Campbell, there is no obvious internal candidate to take the position. From the teams that are building new staffs, I would like to take a look at Justin Peelle, the current tight ends coach of the Eagles:

The Eagles invest in tight ends, and have a couple of good ones in Dallas Goedert and Zach Ertz.

To replace Aaron Glenn, if they decide to promote, than Cory Robison seems to be the candidate:

As for replacing Terry Fontenot, in case the team promotes, the candidate should be Justin Matthews, currently Pro Scouting Coordinator. Unfortunately, the saints website don't give a lot of information regarding Matthews.

Anyways, any other idea of candidates will be welcomed.

I think the Glenn and Fontenot positions are going to be filled inhouse, its the TE position that will be an outside hire.

It’s hard to watch good coaching go out the door but it’s a testament to coach Payton’s eye for coaching talent and If I’m a young coach looking to make my mark I’d be jumping at the bit to learn and grow under a coach like Payton.

Also could lose a couple more as Campbell puts his staff together and Fontenot and Smith assembles theirs.

does Nielsen's promotion to Assistant HC put him ahead of Dennis Allen in the coaching heiarchy?

It’s hard to watch good coaching go out the door but it’s a testament to coach Payton’s eye for coaching talent and If I’m a young coach looking to make my mark I’d be jumping at the bit to learn and grow under a coach like Payton.

I have full faith in Loomis to reload the coaching staff...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom