As of right now it is expected to rain (1 Viewer)

How fast does the wind need to be for it to significantly affect the passing game? Accuweather is predicting gusts of 33 mph and moving SW at 17 mph.

without mike bell really ... I am very worried too ... mike bell is the man ... I dont trust pierre and bush ... both doesnt run though piles

Have you seen Thomas run? He's nothing like Bush and has proven he can push the pile.

How fast does the wind need to be for it to significantly affect the passing game? Accuweather is predicting gusts of 33 mph and moving SW at 17 mph.

Think it was gusting around 30mph in the Meadowlands when we played the Giants in 2006.

The configuration of the Meadowlands makes wind extra funny in that stadium though. It's always been an issue there. Not sure how it'll be in Buffalo.

Wind discussion on Bills board: http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=171736

It will make for a good game and challenge both teams. LS is correct about the Meadowlands. Supposedly, Eli has the wind-pattern in that stadium down-pat and can use it as an advantage later in the season. Many teams have beaten them with that advantage though.

Usually is in terms of passing the ball wind is more of a factor then light rain. Anyone remember the 2006 NY Giants game? Neither Eli nor Brees could pass the ball.

Of course, we ended up with over 200 yards rushing and blew the Giants out still, but Brees was like 12 for 32 or something crazy that game.

I thought you were nuts, but you are right, he was 13-32 in that game for 132 yards and 1 TD. We ran the ball 48 times and passed it 32.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200612240nyg.htm

I thought you were nuts, but you are right, he was 13-32 in that game for 132 yards and 1 TD. We ran the ball 48 times and passed it 32.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200612240nyg.htm

Yeah the only really big pass play was like the first one when Fred Thomas fell down and Eli lofted one to Plaxico wide open.

The rest of the game was a nightmare for the passing games. We had like 8 drops that game and the Giants almost as many because the ball would just arrive funny in the receivers hands. It's not that passes got blown off course per say, it's that those nice tight spirals became wobbling wounded ducks.

Yeah the only really big pass play was like the first one when Fred Thomas fell down and Eli lofted one to Plaxico wide open.

The rest of the game was a nightmare for the passing games. We had like 8 drops that game and the Giants almost as many because the ball would just arrive funny in the receivers hands. It's not that passes got blown off course per say, it's that those nice tight spirals became wobbling wounded ducks.

And the Giants never crossed the 50yrd Line! :ezbill:

After we beat the hell out of the Bills this weekend IN BAD WEATHER..what ammo will the doubters have?

All I hear from them is that the Saints will fold late in the year when the weather gets ugly..

they stay quiet after Sunday!

Ball security becomes paramount in wet conditions, i.e. NFCCG @ CHI. The field will be in good condition and as mentioned, w/ GW preaching the stripping technique, we should be able to capitolize on some fumbles.

IIRC, the Bills have to play in the same weather. I trust our short passing game compared to theirs, but we will have to stop Fred Jackson regardless of the weather. If the weather takes away Buffalo's deep passing, that could work in our advantage.

This should be a very entertaining game, is it Sunday yet?

It's a synthetic turf, so mud won't be a problem. However, traction could be. Also, winds are a big factor in outdoor stadiums such as Buffalo, Cleveland, and Chicago. Punters, kickers, and quarterbacks will be tested. Here's the latest from the NWS in Buffalo:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...te=BUF&textField1=42.8898&textField2=-78.8597

Don't have inside connections at the Saints headquarters (i.e. the janitor), but at the Weather Channel in Atlanta, reliable sources tell me that Cantore still likes the Saints laying the points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom