Asante Samuel Contract Hopes (1 Viewer)

should we get samuels and then get the best cb at #10 and now we have the best secondary? round 2 get a lb or safety? if we trade a 3rd round pick for vilma that would be nice.

What do Nnamdi Asomugha and Champ Bailey have in common? Both missed the playoffs.

What do Aaron Ross, Corey Webster and Jason David have in common?

good front 7. i am just saying what direction should we go? the front office was satisfied with our defense last year well the real question is. did we stop the run because teams threw all over us or were we really that good. if we can keep the front 7 and have the opportunity to fix the secondary and next year fix the front 7 should we do it? if we fixed jason david and bullocks do we make the playoffs last year?

i am all for making a front 7 create havoc but we can be studs if we got samuels and a cb at #10. it is a win win.

if we get samuels we are going to robabl trade down and get a CB. i just want a havoc defense though.

I hope he and Will Smith can get that explosiveness back, and have QBs running for their lives. I hope we can find a couple beasts to man the inside while allowing our DEs to do what they do.

I really think Orgeron can do that one. :9:

What do Nnamdi Asomugha and Champ Bailey have in common? Both missed the playoffs.

They have rings.

Yeh Yeh Yeh

Asante Samuel is looking for a 10yr 100 Million dollar deal with 30 million guaranteed!!!

That probably puts the Saints out of the scenario. Cleveland is saying that they want to talk to him...

PER KFFL

If that's what he wants, he won't be back in New England. We need a CB, but not for that price. Let's move on!

If that's the case, I would see how we are in terms of other free agents but I'd likely pass. He is good but not $100 million good. No one is IMO.
Florence or 2 draft picks could be had for a pittance compared to that.

Exactly. And as I said in a post a few days ago, give me Florence, and day one CB and a day 2 CB and lets go to war.

Add Clements and Walt Harris to that list of those that missed the playoffs. And that guy from Arizona. Or Trufant who was bounced in the first round. Or Lito Shepperd that missed the playoffs. Its pretty funny how almost every "top" CB that we are drooling over didn't even make the playoffs.

No I'm not downtalking the importance of CB's, but unless you have the pass rush to go along with them your not going to get far. We need both, but you fix your pass rush first and work your way back. 100 million bucks spent on Samuels is pointless for us. We aren't in that position yet.

Why is it 10 years $100mil contract crazy? Its only $30 mil guaranteed, so I would structure 5 years $30 mil, which is about $6mil/year. That's not too bad.....

Why is it 10 years $100mil contract crazy? Its only $30 mil guaranteed, so I would structure 5 years $30 mil, which is about $6mil/year. That's not too bad.....

Huh? I don't even understand your post.

It's $30 million guaranteed. $100 million total. "5 years $30 million" doesn't factor into the equation in any way shape or form. I'm clearly misunderstanding you.

Huh? I don't even understand your post.

It's $30 million guaranteed. $100 million total. "5 years $30 million" doesn't factor into the equation in any way shape or form. I'm clearly misunderstanding you.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this...... but wasn't Donte Stallworth given a contract by the Pats of about $36mil for I don't know how many years....but ONLY $3 mil guaranteed for 1 year. After the year was gone, Stallworth was cut, and the Pats only gave up $3mil.

Why can't the Saints do a similar deal? Its only $30mil guaranteed after all....the rest will be money no one will ever see! They can structure it any way they like....as long as the $30mil is paid, after that they can cut Samuel, just as Donte was cut....why can't they do that?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this...... but wasn't Donte Stallworth given a contract by the Pats of about $36mil for I don't know how many years....but ONLY $3 mil guaranteed for 1 year. After the year was gone, Stallworth was cut, and the Pats only gave up $3mil.

Why can't the Saints do a similar deal? Its only $30mil guaranteed after all....the rest will be money no one will ever see! They can structure it any way they like....as long as the $30mil is paid, after that they can cut Samuel, just as Donte was cut....why can't they do that?

Donte had no bargaining room so he signed a loaner contract like that. Samuel will not agree to a deal that sees him only get 30 million dollars and cut after 5 years.

Because there is 0% chance Samuel would accept it? I mean hell i'd like to pay him 20 bucks and a bubble gum wrapper, but it takes two side to negotiate a contract. Stallworth took the only deal he had on the table after the Eagles floated rumors that he failed a drug test.

Samuel isn't going to agree to a deal that only guarantees him $30 million in the first 5 years and has some absurd year 10 salary of 60 million dollars. Even if Samuel was an idiot, his agent isn't. :rolleyes:

Donte had no bargaining room so he signed a loaner contract like that. Samuel will not agree to a deal that sees him only get 30 million dollars and cut after 5 years.

Maybe Samuel won't agree, but how reasonable is for him to expect to play another 10 years and get all the $100mil???
Who is that GM who pays that kind of money for a CB?

So there is a lot of room to negotiate something which is reasonable....look, the Nate Clemments deal is worth $80/ mil for 8 years on paper...in reality is worth about $64mil for 6, or 7 years....

Because there is 0% chance Samuel would accept it? I mean hell i'd like to pay him 20 bucks and a bubble gum wrapper, but it takes two side to negotiate a contract. Stallworth took the only deal he had on the table after the Eagles floated rumors that he failed a drug test.

Samuel isn't going to agree to a deal that only guarantees him $30 million in the first 5 years and has some absurd year 10 salary of 60 million dollars. Even if Samuel was an idiot, his agent isn't. :rolleyes:

LOL...I'm pretty sure he won't agree for my proposal.....but his expectation is $10mil/year for 10 years. That kind of money no one will pay him. So then the question is how much wiggle room is he expected to create? After all he wants to get paid....and just as the Clements deal is worth a lot less than $80mil, so will the Samuel deal, after all is said and done

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom