Asante Samuel Contract Hopes (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Asante Samuel is looking for a 10yr 100 Million dollar deal with 30 million guaranteed!!!

That probably puts the Saints out of the scenario. Cleveland is saying that they want to talk to him...

PER KFFL

Got damn 49ers ruined everything with that contract they gave clements

arrrrggghhh!!!

There needs to be Position Caps or something, this is getting out of hand!!!!

The "100 million" can be structured in a variety of ways to protect yourself. The 30 million guranteed is the bigger problem, and that's a number based on what Dwight Freeney got.

CB does not equal DE. No CB deserves that sort of guarantee.

If that's the case, I would see how we are in terms of other free agents but I'd likely pass. He is good but not $100 million good. No one is IMO.
Florence or 2 draft picks could be had for a pittance compared to that.

If that's the case, I would see how we are in terms of other free agents but I'd likely pass. He is good but not $100 million good. No one is IMO.
Florence or 2 draft picks could be had for a pittance compared to that.

Agreed. We have so many other needs; we shouldn't be tying up too much money in one position that is overpaid, IMO.

I heard from a reliable source that the Saints will pursue him. But "pursue" could mean anything from going all out for him to taking a look at his demands and running the other way. I like it but I don't like it. I'm afraid this guy is a system player that will turn out to be another Jason David. Unless of course we're changing our scheme.

LOL

He won't get this deal.

What stands out more than a 100 million for me is 10 yr

I'd rather spend the money on Briggs IMO. I've been saying for awhile I think Samuel was a product of the scheme in NE.

Year - Bonus - Base
2008 - $3M - $1M
2009 - $3M - $1M
2010 - $3M - $1M
2011 - $3M - $1M
2012 - $3M - $1M
2013 - $3M - $1M
2014 - $3M - $16M
2015 - $3M - $16M
2016 - $3M - $16M
2017 - $3M - $16M

Boom! 10 years, 100 million total, 30 million of it guaranteed.
I should be negotiating contracts for us.

nut_splash.jpg

Agreed. We have so many other needs; we shouldn't be tying up too much money in one position that is overpaid, IMO.

Yep i agree also. Until we get a pass rush, CB does not matter. See last years Bears. They had solid defensive backs but could not get to the quarterback.They even had to blitz Urlacher they were so desperate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom