Asante Samuel is the second coming of Tebucky Jones. (1 Viewer)

Maximus

Very Banned
Reaction score
Mistake to give this guy a ton of money....

NO.. Tebucky had fallen out of favor in New England and had a poor career there.

Asante lead the league in int.'s, I don't think Mr. Jones did that...

Put down the Kool-aid.

More like the second coming of Eric Allen don't you think?

i've seen the patriots play a lot of games this year. i know they have a great system, but samuel is just a stellar cornerback. great reads, and is just so quick to the ball

Except Jones can't tackle and left N.E. with their fans knowing he ain't good. ALA David. I don't think Pats fans doubt Samuel's ability.

Care to justify those words with some kinda support? I'm dying to know why the best CB on the FA market is being compared to a safety who never even sniffed the Pro-Bowl or more than two picks in a season?

I concur. While i'm not saying he doesn't have talent, it just seems like the Pat's defense makes players look better than they are. I mean two years ago they converted Troy Brown their WR to CB and still did very well. One of the years they won a superbowl both their starting CB's went down and they still did well. It's more their scheme than individual players.

I do not think I would go that far but I seriously do not think he will be better then Mike or a Lito Sheppard type in our scheme

Asante Samuel and Tebucky Jones is not a useful or meaningful comparison.

Mistake to give this guy a ton of money....

Has anyone that commented actually watched Asante and the Pats this year? Tebucky's entire career doesn't amount to what Asante has done the last two years. He is a good corner, and definitely not another Jason David. Is he worth 10mil+ per year? If someone pays him that, then I guess he is.

Teams were not lining up to trade for Jones. I don't know why we ever went after that guy; I never wanted him. That said, there is a line of very smart football people who make their living doing this kind of thing and they all want Samuels, not only becuase he is good in the Patriots 'system", but becuase he has the skills, work ethic, and brains to put it all together and work well in their system. The Patriots run the most complex defense in the NFL. Samuels was able to adjust to a completely different defense every week. A Tampa 2 Defense has the same goal and objectives every week. Bellichecks defense is catered to his opponent each weak, therefore its methods, objectives, blitzes, and reads are very different from week to week. Samuels is the real deal. There is no comparison. The only negative I have on Samuels (aside from being to damn greedy) is that he is not a proven man coverage, lockdown corner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom