Asante Samuel is the second coming of Tebucky Jones. (1 Viewer)

Has anyone that commented actually watched Asante and the Pats this year? Tebucky's entire career doesn't amount to what Asante has done the last two years. He is a good corner, and definitely not another Jason David. Is he worth 10mil+ per year? If someone pays him that, then I guess he is.

nothing further needs to be said

I'm not a huge fan of giving samuels the big bucks, but comparing him to Tebucky makes absolutely no sense at all

If were able to fill the center of our D wil quality "and" get Asante then I'm all for it. Just getting Asante and not being able to fill the DT and MLB positions mean trouble!!!

Don't agree with the comparison. Tebucky had the measurables and was "supposed" to be good - a perfect Haslett-type player. The Pats discovered that he lacked the instincts and made available and we bit. Though Samuels may be a product of the system, there is proven talent in his game. But I do agree that the price is too high and we won't get what we pay for.

Show Him Da Money!!!!!!

If he can break on a Peyton pass. What do you think he would do in our division to a Delhomme, Garcia, or a young Falcon QB. Besides DeAngelo and Mr. McKenzie is there another shutdown corner in our division. We have a chance to have one of, if not THE best tandems in the NFL, and can you imagine Roman Harper(THE HEAD HUNTER) without the stress of having to cover wide receivers. WOW, lets look at the overall picture here folks. I'm for it 100%. We have to start somewhere.:9:
He does have the most picks againts one of the best QB's in history!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Mistake to give this guy a ton of money....

What evidence do you have that would suggest this? They are both NE defensive backs?

They are different players Samuel is a perennially pro bowl CB and Jones was an average S.

I concur. While i'm not saying he doesn't have talent, it just seems like the Pat's defense makes players look better than they are. I mean two years ago they converted Troy Brown their WR to CB and still did very well. One of the years they won a superbowl both their starting CB's went down and they still did well. It's more their scheme than individual players.

You took the words out of my mouth. However, he is still better than what we have.

What evidence do you have that would suggest this? They are both NE defensive backs?

They are different players Samuel is a perennially pro bowl CB and Jones was an average S.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure Samuel went to his first pro bowl this season.

well a lot of people say samuels is a system guy. i never thought so but milloy, law and samuels all had payton manning number. maybe they are all good or they are a good sytem. i think it is a little of both. i still think jason david is very good underneath 20 yards and samules is as well. samuels is real good at coverage down field too. i think if we get samuels we should go to cover 2. that would make jason david much better. i think with a DT or LB in round 1 we could stop the run up the middle which is the problem with cover 2. A safety in round 2 could be a beast as well. we have the chance to really make these 1-3 round picks be starters. last year a high 1st which was like a 2nd and a cornerback in the 3rd. we missed out on a lot of talent due to position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom