Asian Carp jumped into boat (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Dubious
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen to them before?

My bud and I were idling for a minute in a canal in lower Terrebonne when a giant carp jumped from the back of the boat between the two of us and landed on the floor. It was absolutely the last thing I expected and surprised the heck out of us! We were lucky it only hit a leg and a shoulder. If we had been moving and it hit us in the head it could have been very bad. I hear idle speeds drive them nuts.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180415_073516.jpg
    MVIMG_20180415_073516.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 24
That certainly takes away a lot of the fun of fishing.

I had no idea Asian carp were in LA. At least you have another fishing story to tell.

They are everywhere. I remember them even as a kid. The drainage canals behind the neighborhood was full of em. You'd see em flopping in the mud when the water got low. I guess I didn't know that they were invasive because I've always seen them around.

They are everywhere. I remember them even as a kid. The drainage canals behind the neighborhood was full of em. You'd see em flopping in the mud when the water got low. I guess I didn't know that they were invasive because I've always seen them around.

Interesting. I’ll have to look and see if I can find them somewhere. Fillet ms that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom