Announcement Ask Me Anything - TCUDan (Starting now) (1 Viewer)

TCUDan

Cutting the lead blocker
Staff member
Administrator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, time to kick this thing off. Any question you have about football, coaching, X's & O's--can be Saints-related or just general curiosity--I'm here for it.

Let's roll!

How many hours a day did you prep for games/describe your average work week during the season.

How comfortable would you feel trading up to take any QB from this year's class compared to staying put at #16 and #19 and taking whoever you consider BPA with those picks?

How many hours a day did you prep for games/describe your average work week during the season.
Average day of prep on a gameweek would be 12-16 hours. Less on a bye week. Probably on the higher end on core practice days (Tues/Wed/Thurs) b/c there's a lot more practice planning and film you gotta get through. You're working scenarios (down/distance, zones on the field, personnel, etc.).

You the GM and coach. Knowing you have 2 first rounder this year but none next year. Quarterback is still a question mark but you have other needs too. Would you be tempted to take a quarterback? Trade up for one, or stay at the same draft position now. Or draft for other needs first?

How pressing is our need for a TE, and are there any available in the draft you particularly like, and why, and in what round?
I don't think the need at tight end is extremely pressing as long as we add a little more depth at WR. Trautman fits the traditional tight end role, Juwan Johnson has a ton of potential, and Taysom Hill will be featured more in the passing game.

That said, Jelani Woods out of Virginia would be a great snag in the 3rd round (maybe even 2nd if your staff really loves him). He has Jimmy Graham potential.

Trautman and Ruiz. Too early to discard them? I think so. This is their third season coming up and should be the telling year.

Is Peyton Turner any good? I had to look up his name on Google.
In my opinion I think he has more potential than Davenport coming out. Davenport was just freaking raw and needed good coaching. Remember his rookie training camp and preseason, he couldn't get off the snap fast enough. Not many pass rushing move but have good upside and can bull rush. But that's it. Injuries hampered him a little but did have a decent rookie year.
Turner is still young and has potential. We just don't know since his injuries set him back. But from training camp and his first game, he did ok. But of course, his injuries didn't help his development.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom