Ask Mike – February 13, 2007 (1 Viewer)

No to Harper. He is too old already and would have to adjust to our more physical coverage schemes.

I still have faith in Harper. I really think he would fit in just fine here.

but he is 33 years old...

aren't we trying to get younger at CB?

We are, but if we can get Harper (an upgrade over Thomas) and get a couple of years out of him and draft a corner to groom or play nickel then that is the same approach as we are/would be taking with our MLB position.
With an immediate need at certain positions (CBs being on of them) we don't have the luxury of drafting or going after younger or inexperienced starters. We have a great core of players right now that we need to capitalize on in the very near future. We are finally in a position where we aren’t drafting and acquiring players for years down the road to contribute. We are reloading, not rebuilding. IMO.

All that said, I would still like to get Hood or Harper.

We are, but if we can get Harper (an upgrade over Thomas) and get a couple of years out of him and draft a corner to groom or play nickel then that is the same approach as we are/would be taking with our MLB position.
With an immediate need at certain positions (CBs being on of them) we don't have the luxury of drafting or going after younger or inexperienced starters. We have a great core of players right now that we need to capitalize on in the very near future. We are finally in a position where we aren’t drafting and acquiring players for years down the road to contribute. We are reloading, not rebuilding. IMO.

All that said, I would still like to get Hood or Harper.

i didn't think of it that way, i like that logic!

your right, we would do the same thing if we got Edwards for MLB...

but i do agree, we do need to get a CB and hopefully that will be Harper/Hood.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom