Ask yourself: is Paul Kruger better than Junior Galette (2 Viewers)

The worst of our 2 starting corners over the years:

.[/B]

IceHot is exactly right. But to be more specific, the defense is as good as its #2 CB.

Right now I am afraid we have Patrick/White at that position. We can all pretend PJ is better than that for a few more days. And in Breaux goes down we will have a bottom defense again.

But yes if PJ is good then we will rock, but there is no realistic evidence for that at al...

Idk, Kruger can be, but he is more power , Galette was almost only speed, but he was getting better at the run

I think we will have more coverage sacks this year given our improvement of the LB corp. the quick hitters wont be there. Roll safety help to PJ's side and let Breaux do Breaux. Kruger and Cam coming off the edges is so awesome! Im excited for the season to start... WHO DAT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering that Junior accounts for $12 million in dead money for 2016 and isn't on this team... And has been injured for the past two season. I would say Kruger.

I don't know everything about different stats, however i was impressed with the fact that Kruger had 33 QB hurries last year. That ranked him #5 overall in the NFL. Maybe he didn't get as many sacks last year, but the lack QB pressure was one thing that really hurt us last year. Hopefully he can keep that up and help our CBs this year. And 33 is only 1 shy of Khalil Mack, who had 34.

Defensive Hurries: 2015 NFL Season

Are we talking about Galette the football player or Galette the embarrassment to the human race? Galette the football player was worth the contract he earned. Galette as a person should give every cent to the people of Haiti that he so loves, they deserve the money more than that sack.

Kruger won't give us the same speed pass rush but he'll give us a threat at RDE and be the best run defender at that position.

Reasons why I think the defense will be much better:

- Corners - We finally have two legit starting corners who are healthy and will play at the same time. First time we have had that since the first half of 2013. Breaux has shown he can shut down top WRs. PJW should give us something on par at least with Porter's rookie season, he has a high floor even as a young CB the same way Porter did. And we have Dennis Allen and Aaron Glenn the CB gurus coaching these young guys up.

- Smarts at LB - Laurinaitus and Robertson may not be "great" players but they have already demonstrated they have good instincts and can be out there directing traffic and calling the defense which frees up Ellerbe and Anthony to just run and make plays. And Stupar looks like a guy who can do just about everthing on the field. I think we'd all feel better about this group if Kikaha were around but 1 to 6 I think it's pretty solid.

- Interior D - If Fairley continues his current level of play he's the best defensive tackle we've had since Sedrick Ellis circa 09-10. I know everybody was impressed with Davison last year and Rankins looks to be a pretty solid pick. Kinda like corner in that, this is a position we've often struggled to field two competent starters from year to year but it appears we finally have that.

- pass rush - Be nice if there were more depth, and again this would look better with Kikaha on the field, but a third down rush with Jordan, Kruger, Edebali and Gwachum looks pretty solid to me. I think we'll be able to get after the QB on 3rd down a lot more often and get us off the field and stop giving up those stupid 3rd and 15s that killed us last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom