Asking the tough questions: Lattimore & Cam Jordan (1 Viewer)

I don't think you understood my question. My question was have either Cam or Lattimore regressed in 2018 compared to 2017. This had nothing to do with replacing them. As I mentioned, they are the cornerstone of our defense.
I don't think you understand the replies. We are asking you what's the point of your question? If we were to say yes, what does it matter or how would anything change?

Cam did not go backwards on any way. Latt started the year slow, then got his legs and was great for us again.

William's had the legitimate sophomore slump. It's a real thing. Something was off with him. Possibly over trained for strength which cost him some speed and maybe even endurance. I remember him getting all jacked after last season. With what he had pushing him, I could easily see this being the reason.

The cool thing is, the sophomore seasons are in the books. Lattimore and William's are 3rd year pros now. They should start entering their prime now. Where the body and mind are in sync and we see the true players without the rookie mental errors. They're entering their prime.

That goes for quite a few of our young players. If they all make the leap, we are in business.

Cam is a legit 3 down DE. Those are hard to find. He also would make plays at the most crucial point in the game (like the sack vs Cam Newton at end of the game).

Lattimore came into camp out of shape and didn't quite get into shape until mid-year.

I don't think you understood my question. My question was have either Cam or Lattimore regressed in 2018 compared to 2017. This had nothing to do with replacing them. As I mentioned, they are the cornerstone of our defense.

Well, since you put it like that, nah, they haven't regressed. I already gave reasons why earlier though.

Well, since you put it like that, nah, they haven't regressed. I already gave reasons why earlier though.
You did. You also gave input as to why you came to that conclusion. No issues here with that.

I don't think you understand the replies. We are asking you what's the point of your question? If we were to say yes, what does it matter or how would anything change?

Exactly, if we come to the conclusion that a player is declining or has regressed than, at a minimum, it begs the question of should we be looking to replace them...

I think you're evading, but ok whatever.

Agreed...you can't just ask a question without an expectation of further questions and/or motivations/outcomes....

Exactly, if we come to the conclusion that a player is declining or has regressed than, at a minimum, it begs the question of should we be looking to replace them...

Agreed...you can't just ask a question without an expectation of further questions and/or motivations/outcomes....
To begin, it's a question of is it really happening. If so, then why is it happening? It would be contradictory to say that a player should be replaced if I began the post by saying these players are the cornerstone of the defense.

To begin, it's a question of is it really happening. If so, then why is it happening? It would be contradictory to say that a player should be replaced if I began the post by saying these players are the cornerstone of the defense.

So you don't think they are the cornerstone's of a much improved defense? Ok...I guess I disagree...and no I don't really think a regression with either is happening...

My initial question stands though, if you think they have regressed (if you do not then I'm not sure why you have posed the question) then what is the solution?

If I'm off, then I really don't understand the intention of the inquiry.....

So you don't think they are the cornerstone's of a much improved defense? Ok...I guess I disagree...and no I don't really think a regression with either is happening...

My initial question stands though, if you think they have regressed (if you do not then I'm not sure why you have posed the question) then what is the solution?

If I'm off, then I really don't understand the intention of the inquiry.....
Where did I state that I didn't think Latt & Cam were conerstones?
The question is "Why?", not can we replace them. If something is different with a player from one year to the next doesn't automatically mean that they suck and no longer good. It could be a scheme change (responsibility change), dealing with a nagging injury, etc.

Where did I state that I didn't think Latt & Cam were conerstones?
The question is "Why?", not can we replace them. If something is different with a player from one year to the next doesn't automatically mean that they suck and no longer good. It could be a scheme change (responsibility change), dealing with a nagging injury, etc.

Ok. I'm still not clear on the intent of your OP.

But I don't think Cam regressed, at all. I think he was just as productive as he was the year before. I think Lattimore did get off to a slow start (it looked like he was not in top shape and was not focused for the first few games) but got back into form as the season went on. I also think both will not get off to slow starts next year...at least I would be shocked if they do...

Then why the name of the thread? I don't think asking if they did worse than the year before is asking a tough question.

Ok. I'm still not clear on the intent of your OP.

But I don't think Cam regressed, at all. I think he was just as productive as he was the year before. I think Lattimore did get off to a slow start (it looked like he was not in top shape and was not focused for the first few games) but got back into form as the season went on. I also think both will not get off to slow starts next year...at least I would be shocked if they do...

I kind of disagree with Cam. He was in contention for DPOY the year prior, not a single peep about that this year. Did he get his triple double this year like the year before?

Then why the name of the thread? I don't think asking if they did worse than the year before is asking a tough question.
Player regression is a tough question because most users on this board are very sensitive and will treat such a topic as a diss instead of looking at the actual matter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom