Asomugha got tagged (1 Viewer)

rstrauss33

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh well...one fewer CB on the market.

"RAIDERS TAG ASOMUGHA (GESUNDHEIT)

The Oakland Raiders have applied their franchise tag to cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Asomugha will be tendered a one-year contract equal to the average of the five highest-paid cornerbacks in 2007."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

No surprise here....Haynesworth for the Titans got tagged today too.

Every year we get all excited about a guy to be let go from another team and we are all like "let's go after him," but usually one of two things happen. 1) they get franchised or 2) they go elsewhere.

I have learned to just go along for the ride because you never know who we are going to sign or go after.

Last edited:
No suprise, but still disappointing. Give me that guy over Samual or Trufant.

Trade for Lito or sign Trufant.

Forget about Asante Samuel. He doesn't fit our system and isn't a very good man cover corner. Though, the same can be said about Trufant, he is still a better option than Samuel.

the 100 million dollar question right now?!?!?!?

What top-flight CB will hit the market... Trufant or Samuel's....

Moreover PFT is reporting that he was hit with the exclusive tag, meaning that other teams can't even negotiate with him. This doesn't really affect us as I'd hope we wouldn't consider 2 first rounders anyway.

This was expected, but it's looking better every day for Trufant to hit FA if he does we need to go after him with big money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom