Assassin's Creed 3 (American Revolution?) (1 Viewer)

ROBOT DEATH SQUAD

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
ac3rumor.jpg

The hero appears to be Native American, but it's unclear. According to the source, the supposed star of Assassin's Creed 3 carries a tomahawk in one of his his unseen hands.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/29/rumor-assassins-creed-3-takes-place-during-american-revolution/

If this is true I feel like there is going to be no middle ground, it'll either be absolutely epic or just god awful

i always thought it would be cool to bring the AC world to Japan

the ninja seems perfect for this game....it would be like Tenchu on meth

Enough tall buildings to jump around in America circa 1776?

I suspect a National Treasure-esque type of story. Something historical, twisted to fit the AC universe.

looks outstanding, i have had a really hard time embracing all the Italian stuff in AC2.

Hated the last one and I've owned them all. Finished and beat all of the other ones. Hope its nothing like the last one.

i still haven't played brotherhood or revelations..

Quite honestly, you haven't missed much. They aren't bad games...but they're really just overblown expansion packs or DLCs.

I'm betting this new Assassin is only half-Indian. One of Ezio's distant grandkids went to America as a colonial or something and shagged a Native American woman.

Hated the last one and I've owned them all. Finished and beat all of the other ones. Hope its nothing like the last one.

what was wrong with Revelations??

i thought it was pretty damn good

Quite honestly, you haven't missed much. They aren't bad games...but they're really just overblown expansion packs or DLCs.

Brotherhood is easily the best AC game :shrug:

ACII and Brotherhood seemed like one long game to me. Brotherhood had a lot of side stuff that you could skip...if you did them (Assasination contracts and faction challenges were a lot) it fleshed out the world and made the game a lot longer. Not getting into the plot, but the Brotherhood picks up at exactly the moment ACII ended. I've played through each of these 4 times...I rarely ever play a game more than once.

Revelations felt like a different story, more along the lines of a sequel. I just played through it for a second time. I loved the Italian setting, so this was my least favorite but still awesome and more enjoyable the second time through. This one did seem shorter and could be very quick if you just stick to the main quest. There were some great improvements, though. I loved the ziplines. The bombs were cool, but I rarely ever used them (love to get up close and personal with the infidels). Den Defense was horrible (I skipped this issue the second time by keeping notoriety low and building up my assassins). The Altair segments were also pretty cool, if not a bit short.

I can't wait for the next game and the setting looks awesome. Check out some pictures/drawings of Boston or New York from that time. And remember that the previous games were not built exactly like they existed. You can't run across any of those cities like you can in the game. They'll make the same adjustments for America.

I'm really going to miss Ezio, though. I've never actually liked a video game character like this before. It's almost weird to me. Going to Italy this past summer at times felt like walking in his footsteps, especially in Firenze. I even wanted to take a side trip to Monteriggioni (sp?).

As soon as ACII was completed, the leads of that development team shifted to ACIII. So this game has been in development for 3 full years and isn't the turnaround the last two games have been. They supposedly examined every aspect of gameplay to see what changes need to be made. After the huge jump from ACI to II, I'm expecting this game to be an improvement on the series.

Yup the Den defense killed it for me and the bombs too. Loved the other parts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom