Assassin's Creed series coming to Netflix (2 Viewers)

antipop

Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
could be interesting but the AC universe is all over the place with plot lines...I'll give it a shot since i have played every AC game but i would have preferred Mindhunter season 3 :mad:

my 12 year old has gotten into it pretty heavy lately (going so far as to watch the movie) - if it's not too bloody, i think we'll check it out

could be interesting but the AC universe is all over the place with plot lines...I'll give it a shot since i have played every AC game but i would have preferred Mindhunter season 3 :mad:

It has the potential to be a really good story, but it will obviously depend on how the choose to tell the story and how good the writing is. I wonder if they will be faithful to the game and set it in modern times with the Animus or if they will just treat it like a period piece?

The movie they did a few years ago wasn't "good" but it was interesting. I think it's major issue was that is was trying to tell a really long story in a 2 hour movie. I think the series format will work better for the story.

It has the potential to be a really good story, but it will obviously depend on how the choose to tell the story and how good the writing is. I wonder if they will be faithful to the game and set it in modern times with the Animus or if they will just treat it like a period piece?

The movie they did a few years ago wasn't "good" but it was interesting. I think it's major issue was that is was trying to tell a really long story in a 2 hour movie. I think the series format will work better for the story.

the Desmond Miles story was the best modern day story in the AC series....everything after that felt like it was tacked on...

the Animus should be included since it offers the chance to visit different time periods throughout the series...it's the only thing that would make the show unique

as for the movie, the biggest issue was that it just assumed that you played the games and know how the AC universe works

oh yeah...but it's not technically time travel in AC

Nor is it in Quantum Leap. Dude just jumps into the bodies of people in other times. Really the same thing as A.C. except the dude has to be related to the body he leaps into in the A.C. world where as the dude in Quantum Leap did not.

Nor is it in Quantum Leap. Dude just jumps into the bodies of people in other times. Really the same thing as A.C. except the dude has to be related to the body he leaps into in the A.C. world where as the dude in Quantum Leap did not.

you could have just said 'i am a dork'

My main reservation is that Netflix has developed a troubling track record with genre shows. I am worried that this will be one of those things where it takes over half the season for the character to finally transform into an assassin, it will end on a cliffhanger, and then get cancelled (definitely after season 2).

I want to be more excited than I actually am.

My main reservation is that Netflix has developed a troubling track record with genre shows. I am worried that this will be one of those things where it takes over half the season for the character to finally transform into an assassin, it will end on a cliffhanger, and then get cancelled (definitely after season 2).

I want to be more excited than I actually am.

They did destroy Altered Carbon in Season 2. But, they did a good job with The Witcher and some other stuff so I'm hopeful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom