Assassin's Creed series coming to Netflix (1 Viewer)

They did destroy Altered Carbon in Season 2. But, they did a good job with The Witcher and some other stuff so I'm hopeful.

There was an Altered Carbon S2? I don't remember it. It must not exist. You shouldn't make up really bad follow up seasons to great shows.

*cries inside*

There was an Altered Carbon S2? I don't remember it. It must not exist. You shouldn't make up really bad follow up seasons to great shows.

*cries inside*

There was a season 2 of Altered Carbon. It was terrible. Total departure from the books and not a good story in general. Just bad.

Season 1 was good, a bit different than the books, but a good show on it's own Season 2 had almost no connection to the book was a terrible story on its own merits.

There was a season 2 of Altered Carbon. It was terrible. Total departure from the books and not a good story in general. Just bad.

Season 1 was good, a bit different than the books, but a good show on it's own Season 2 had almost no connection to the book was a terrible story on its own merits.

Yea, I laid it on a bit thick, but I'm just in denial it existed.

the Desmond Miles story was the best modern day story in the AC series....everything after that felt like it was tacked on...

the Animus should be included since it offers the chance to visit different time periods throughout the series...it's the only thing that would make the show unique

as for the movie, the biggest issue was that it just assumed that you played the games and know how the AC universe works

it isn’t a fun part of the gameplay but it is the only interesting thing in the concept. They would be really shooting themselves in the foot to not include it. And they would be missing an easy way to explain what is going on through narrative style dialogue. With the right people it could be done well. I’m still looking forward to Last of Us more though. Just love the post apocalyptic stuff.

it isn’t a fun part of the gameplay but it is the only interesting thing in the concept. They would be really shooting themselves in the foot to not include it. And they would be missing an easy way to explain what is going on through narrative style dialogue. With the right people it could be done well. I’m still looking forward to Last of Us more though. Just love the post apocalyptic stuff.

I hope the show is just him climbing a new tower on every episode and then jumping into a pile of hay.

Ideally the plot would revolve around a set of modern day characters trying to find a way to stop a Templar plot against humanity. I'd like to see it have an overall story arc that would carry over several seasons (like Black List), probably a goal of 8 seasons... with each season an individual separate story building up to that arc. There's a general theme in AC where they're going into the past to search for items that should help them in their fight against the Templars, but yeah the games definitely seem to be all over the place in those regards. AC has always been one of my favorite games to play.. this definitely has the potential to be an amazing show or an absolute piece of garbage. They definitely can't spend too much time in present day and they can't focus it all on the past either.

My main reservation is that Netflix has developed a troubling track record with genre shows. I am worried that this will be one of those things where it takes over half the season for the character to finally transform into an assassin, it will end on a cliffhanger, and then get cancelled (definitely after season 2).

I want to be more excited than I actually am.
expound on this please

expound on this please
Netflix seems to have developed a trend of cancelling shows after a couple of seasons in favor of putting out something new. Most recently, they greenlit a 4th (and final) season of GLOW but then changed their minds and cancelled it. Which is extra annoying because season 3 ended without much closure (it wasn't really a cliffhanger, but was in the ballpark).

A couple of posters in another Netflix thread even posted some articles/insider speculation that this is pretty much the production and content model that Netflix wants (new stuff rather than 3rd seasons).

And for as much as I enjoy a lot of stuff on Netflix, their mandate on how many episodes a season has to be has been a problem for many of their genre shows. Big events and character developments get delayed as the writers have to pad out 12 episodes from 8-10 episodes worth of material.

So a 12 episode season will end with "and NOW character X finally embraces their power/puts on the costume/decides to join the fight". Warrior Nun (I think that was the name) just did this.

Netflix has great stuff, don't get me wrong, but they have also developed some annoying (from a viewer's perspective) habits. And personally, I question the long-term strategy of the "new rather than renew" series model.

But I'm honestly not all that worried about Assassins Creed, specifically. The potential for something cool is certainly there and the games have a built-in fanbase. And Netflix has clearly gone all-in on the Witcher, with a 2nd season coming soon, and 2 spin-offs greenlit. It wouldn't surprise me if they did something similar with AC.

But still, they've burned a lot of their subscribers recently and I think it has definitely sapped a bit of my enthusiasm when it comes to their new shows.

Netflix seems to have developed a trend of cancelling shows after a couple of seasons in favor of putting out something new. Most recently, they greenlit a 4th (and final) season of GLOW but then changed their minds and cancelled it. Which is extra annoying because season 3 ended without much closure (it wasn't really a cliffhanger, but was in the ballpark).

A couple of posters in another Netflix thread even posted some articles/insider speculation that this is pretty much the production and content model that Netflix wants (new stuff rather than 3rd seasons).

And for as much as I enjoy a lot of stuff on Netflix, their mandate on how many episodes a season has to be has been a problem for many of their genre shows. Big events and character developments get delayed as the writers have to pad out 12 episodes from 8-10 episodes worth of material.

So a 12 episode season will end with "and NOW character X finally embraces their power/puts on the costume/decides to join the fight". Warrior Nun (I think that was the name) just did this.

Netflix has great stuff, don't get me wrong, but they have also developed some annoying (from a viewer's perspective) habits. And personally, I question the long-term strategy of the "new rather than renew" series model.

But I'm honestly not all that worried about Assassins Creed, specifically. The potential for something cool is certainly there and the games have a built-in fanbase. And Netflix has clearly gone all-in on the Witcher, with a 2nd season coming soon, and 2 spin-offs greenlit. It wouldn't surprise me if they did something similar with AC.

But still, they've burned a lot of their subscribers recently and I think it has definitely sapped a bit of my enthusiasm when it comes to their new shows.

I believe I saw they set up their contracts with some big salary spikes in S3/4 or some nonsense like that too?

Can’t disagree with any that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom