Assassin's Creed Valhalla (1 Viewer)

i just finished it last night...i mostly enjoyed it but it's probably several hours too long...

of course, i tend to get distracted by side quests in games like this...i mean, i got Excalibur and Mjolnir which both take several hours to get the items required....

i think the story is mostly fine but nothing special

I'm at the point where you need to grind a bit to get to the last stage.

The 'modern' part of the story got a bit interesting, but also a bit weird. So, par the course.

Looks a lot better on the PS5 version. wow.

One weird thing.. every time I start the game, Eivor starts out drunk. is that a bug or a feature?

I'm at the point where you need to grind a bit to get to the last stage.

The 'modern' part of the story got a bit interesting, but also a bit weird. So, par the course.

Looks a lot better on the PS5 version. wow.

One weird thing.. every time I start the game, Eivor starts out drunk. is that a bug or a feature?

Same here. It's apparently a bug that came with the last update. I believe they are aware of it.

I'm about at level 100. Farthest i've kept with an AC game in a looong time. This may be my favorite one.

This game never ends. I've been playing this since November and i feel like i'm only half way through (though i guess i don't have tons of time to play). It's really bridging the gap with no big game releases and cyberpunk being a letdown on console.

This game never ends. I've been playing this since November and i feel like i'm only half way through (though i guess i don't have tons of time to play). It's really bridging the gap with no big game releases and cyberpunk being a letdown on console.
How is that spring festival? Should I put the game in for a spin?

I hear you this is a gigantic game especially if you do a bunch of the side activities. I have about 240 hours into the game. I went and got all of the good armour first and I just got Thors armor and the Excaliber sword which was involved about four hours to complete. I have outsiders and Resident Evil is on the way. I also have Odyssey and Black Flag to play. I like this better than the Witcher and I played that twice. I am hunting the order down right now.

I really loved Odyssey and that felt like a huge game. For some reason I could not get into Origins. I had big breaks between sessions and couldn’t even keep track of who the character was or why I cared. I will give this a try since it sounds more similar to Odyssey and less like what AC had become up to that point.

I really loved Odyssey and that felt like a huge game. For some reason I could not get into Origins. I had big breaks between sessions and couldn’t even keep track of who the character was or why I cared. I will give this a try since it sounds more similar to Odyssey and less like what AC had become up to that point.
It's probably my favorite AC game. That being said, i'm not sure i've finished one since the 2nd one. My other favorites would be Black Flag, Origins, and then Odyssey for what that's worth. I find this one is easier to follow story-wise too since a lot of it is broken up into different story chunks, which i like.

I think the biggest issue with Valhalla is that the game has no real identity....it wants to be a open world stealth action RPG but it doesn't do any one of those things particularly well...

the stealth is mostly okay but many of the encounters are not really set up for stealth to be fluid and challenging but also fair

the open world is it's biggest downfall....it's just so mundane...

the combat is not great and at times just feels wonky...

and this AC game has the least amount of parkour/platforming of any AC ever made....it's crazy that it was once a staple of the franchise but it seems to be less of a focus as the series goes on....

Odyssey did all of the things i mentioned much better....they even had more platforming...and while Odyssey was a pretty long game, i never felt bored of it

Last edited:
Why not? They release the exact same game every year, and people just buy it up and then dress up like em. Just take out the need to "release" the game over and people can just buy clothes and play dress up in the game too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom