Assassin's Creed Valhalla (1 Viewer)

antipop

Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Vikings brah

AC Odyssey was a very good game even if it wasn't a good AC game...the lore for this series is so silly at this point but if Valhalla is anything like Odyssey it will be good

Does this almost count as a God of War sequel? haha.

Pretty solid game so far. I have to get used to these fighting mechanics though. Getting new weapons seems slow.

And I got nailed by that update 1.02 bug early in the game. Had to restart. Because of that, I passed up on the first raid the second time through. Stupid move.

i have about 50 hours in so far...it's mostly good but i think liked Odyssey more...

the combat can be satisfying at times but also feels janky and unpolished...blocking/parrying seems to be RNG for me too often

i actually like the structure of the alliance quest lines where you pledge to an area and then help them to further the story along, which is probably better than Odyssey but not by much

once again, Ubisoft has managed to make a pretty solid game and needlessly slap the AC title on it...the modern day stuff just seems so forced and pointless...

it's probably a 6 out of 9 cargo pockets for me...

I'm about 80 hours or so in. The game mechanics, as has been with every AC game I've played, are pretty clunky. I find myself constantly yelling at the TV things like "Get off the dang...!" and "Why would you grab that?" .... and "I didn't press the jump/climb button, I pressed the drop button!"

Also, it seems that my dialogue audio randomly cuts out. Along with various other glitches and bugs. For some reason I can no longer talk to Reda. Not sure if it'll open back up later or what. But as of right now, even though he has a quest marker on him, I can't get him to talk. He just sits there on the ground.

lol, AC has always had jank in the climbing mechanics...i always find myself base jumping from cliffs for no reason

the only repeatable glitch i have seen is when i ADS with the bow and Eivor will just do a 180 auto snap to the ground in front of shim...oh and when i grab one of those moveable rocks or shelves and i get a first person view of the inside of it for a second and the camera pulls back...

They took away the no fall damage if you swing your weapon before hitting. That sucks. I always find myself falling/jumping from mountain tops.

I just had a world event that references The Prodigy...it had me laughing

So I had a bug pop up and now I can't finish a mission. I came across Halfdan sitting on a bench and he told me about throwing his hammer out into the forest. Nothing came of it so I moved on. Later on I came across his healer who tells me to go find Halfdan because he lost his hammer. Now Halfdan won't talk to me anymore and the quest won't go forward.

While this has been a pretty buggy game, I've still enjoyed it. I just hope they can patch this so I can finish it. It's one of the last quests I have left.

found a Portal reference in the game as well...there are a lot of easter eggs in this game

there is a Death Stranding delivery mission where you apparently have to carry items for a long distance

also, flails are fun

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom