Assuming there is a full preseason ... How should the Games be divided between TH, JW and DB? (1 Viewer)

Piper Aydair

Very Banned
Reaction score
If TH is indeed the QB2 then does he start and play the first half with the most of the 1st team? JW second halves with mostly 2nd string and also rans? With DB playing a possession or two in the third game?

It would seem weird asking JW to play with the second and third string. Nor, does he seem like the kind of personality to handle such a demotion graciously.

Feels like this could be a slightly awkward time for the QB room.

We always have at least 3 QBs in preseason. This wont be an issue.

"...worth noting Winston turned down a more lucrative offer elsewhere to learn from some of the best. The former #Bucs starter put the emphasis on his future in a smart choice." - Ian Rapoport

I don't think ego will be an issue. Winston did what we wish so many players would do. He realized that playing for the Saints at a discount is a better long term career move than breaking the bank playing for a less stable franchise. Getting left outright by his team must have been a heckuva wake up call. Think about it. He could have waited for a starting QB injury like Cam Newton will likely do. He could have taken the biggest contract that was offered. You cant tell me 32 TDs and 5000 yards is not enticing to teams even with the interceptions.

Signing with the Saints is a smart move. A more mature move. Give the Saint some credit.

Taysom starts and plays as long as the starting OL does. Jameis plays with the backups. Stevens plays with the scrubs. Drew gets a drive or two in the 3rd preseason game. 4th game its all Jameis and Stevens.

Taysom starts and plays as long as the starting OL does. Jameis plays with the backups. Stevens plays with the scrubs. Drew gets a drive or two in the 3rd preseason game. 4th game its all Jameis and Stevens.
Only 2 preseason games starting this year, I believe

2) So, 17 games?

Well, not quite yet. The 2020 season will look familiar -- four preseason games, 16 regular-season games -- with one very new feature: The league will add a wild-card team to each conference, meaning there will be two extra games on Wild Card Weekend. And only the top seed in each conference will get a first-round bye. The second seed will play the No. 7 seed in the first round and so on.

The league has a window to add the 17th regular-season game beginning in 2021 and ending in 2023 -- and 2022 seems to be the most logical time, because all of the new broadcast contracts will be in place by then.

So dumb. It might not mean much to fans but that final preseason game meant a lot for the fringe roster guys. Would have been great to give TH and JW extra snaps then too to showcase their progress.

Expect the start of the seasons to be sloppier than normal too.

If so they owe me money back on my season tickets.
Why? You paid for 10 total tickets as a package. Now if they play the odd game (9), at a neutral site; then yes, I certainly would want money back for that one game. Wait and see, is all we can do.

As far as playing time goes. Taysom needs to get the majority of the work. Winston should get the scrubs. He is here only for insurance; 1 year.

So dumb. It might not mean much to fans but that final preseason game meant a lot for the fringe roster guys. Would have been great to give TH and JW extra snaps then too to showcase their progress.

Expect the start of the seasons to be sloppier than normal too.
Although the only showcasing they are doing is for their next team, as the roster cuts are all but decided before kick off. The fewest possible number of rostered players will play any part in the fourth preseason game (although some rookies destined to make the cut will get extra work for purposes of seasoning, it seems)

Last edited:
Why? You paid for 10 total tickets as a package. Now if they play the odd game (9), at a neutral site; then yes, I certainly would want money back for that one game. Wait and see, is all we can do.

As far as playing time goes. Taysom needs to get the majority of the work. Winston should get the scrubs. He is here only for insurance; 1 year.

I paid for 10 games 8 regular season and 2 preseason.
If we reduce from 4 preseason to 2 that would mean 9 games instead of 10.

I think maybe you didn’t read what I quoted. Or you don’t understand that if we went to two preseason games one would be home and the other would be away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom