At a cost of nearly $42 million, the IRS wants you to know: Your check is almost in the mail. (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
Another example of government waste. $42 million is roughly 85% of the Consumer Product and Safety Administration 2007 budget--the administration charged with oversight of the toys coming in from China with lead and unsafe magnetic parts.

>>
Rebate Letters to Cost $42 Million

By DEVLIN BARRETT – 20 hours ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — At a cost of nearly $42 million, the IRS wants you to know: Your check is almost in the mail.
The Internal Revenue Service is spending the money on letters to alert taxpayers to expect rebate checks as part of the economic stimulus plan.
The notices are going out this month to an estimated 130 million households who filed returns for the 2006 tax year, at a cost $41.8 million, IRS spokesman John Lipold confirmed.
That works out to about 32 cents to print, process and mail each letter. It doesn't include the tab for another round of mailings planned for those who didn't file tax returns last year but may still qualify for a rebate.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h3kcHnIs8_rLArJ0pT7C1Y8PP6MQD8V8OT100

Why can't we do without the IRS? I really believe that if everyone would not file on their taxes that the IRS could be handled. No more taxes on our income. I know that would never happen due to everyone wanting some money back but it could work.

I believe the IRS is sending out notice that THEY will be sending out government stimulus rebate checks soon as a public relations move. Most people don't see the IRS as a debt collection agency but rather as a deliverer or benefits. Think about it...what percentage of the population ever pays anything directly to the IRS; most have it collected by their employer and submitted on their behalf.

$42 million is drop in an Olympic size swimming pool but this is one of many examples that illustrate the lunacy of the expenditures made by the Federal government on our behalf.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom