At least 7 other qualtiy OT's set to become FA's. (1 Viewer)

Randy Jones

Hall-of-Famer
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Excluding Ryan Clady, there are 7 other above average OT's besides Bushrod that will be FA's. I can see why the Saints might not make him a priority. I wonder if they will wait to see what the market sets as the signing value for OT's this year. Plus, it looks like there will at least 4-5 excellent choices in the draft. Not the best year to be a FA OT.

Wil Beaty was the guy NOLA article said we would target. I like that idea similar talent as Bushrod less money. Might be slightly better.

Sebatian Vollmer, Will Beatty, Andre Smith, Branden Albert, Phil Landholdt, Gosder Cherilus, and Jake Long. Long should have an asterik behind his name for durability. Keep in mind this is not my opinion, but a combined result of research on several websites such as ESPN and so forth. So I think it is somewhat authoritative.

Giants will probably tag Beatty if they can't get a deal done with him

Sebatian Vollmer, Will Beatty, Andre Smith, Branden Albert, Phil Landholdt, Gosder Cherilus, and Jake Long. Long should have an asterik behind his name for durability. Keep in mind this is not my opinion, but a combined result of research on several websites such as ESPN and so forth. So I think it is somewhat authoritative.

Smith, Loadholt, and Cherilus are RT's only (at least that is all they have played since entering the NFL). Long is asking for more $ than Bushrod and Albert is rumored to have major back issues.

That leaves Vollmer and Beatty, unless Albert's medicals check out for us. Sam Baker is a lesser name than maybe an option.

Wil Beaty was the guy NOLA article said we would target. I like that idea similar talent as Bushrod less money. Might be slightly better.

This is also the guy I think we should target. He's a very solid player, really good as a pass and run blocker, and should not cost nearly as much as some of the other tackles available.

This is also the guy I think we should target. He's a very solid player, really good as a pass and run blocker, and should not cost nearly as much as some of the other tackles available.

The Giants have referred to him as their top priority so I'm not sure he leaves.

I live in Maryland and Bryant Mckennie is a free agent. He played well in the playoffs and could be a cheap fix until a youngster is groomed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom