At least we weren't the only team, giants was also sackless and didnt cause a turnover (1 Viewer)

hardheadjungle

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Just read on bleacher report that the giants also went into week 1 without a sack and causing a turnover. At least we didnt spend over 200 million on defensive players this FA. Hahahaha to be still ranked at the bottom

The only difference is in the win/loss column
Both teams played well enough to win
We blew it in the 4th
They rose to the occasion
I think this game will be a lot closer than what many experts are probably predicting and I think that we will come away with a win.

Lol and guess who their DCoordinator is?! I'll give a hint... He is so bad he was even fired from the Saints!

Harrison and Hankins were super disruptive in the middle, meanwhile three finger JPP had adequate "pressure" on Dak.

Giants look far better on defense compared to what they displayed last year. We will have our hands full.

The only difference is in the win/loss column
Both teams played well enough to win
We blew it in the 4th
They rose to the occasion
I think this game will be a lot closer than what many experts are probably predicting and I think that we will come away with a win.

No. If Terrance Williams (is that who it was?) would've just gone out of bounds, Dallas could've beat them with a last second field goal.

There was no rising to the occasion. They got just as lucky as Oakland did with that ******** PI call on Robertson that gave them the win. At least our game was ripped off by crap officiating. The Giants lucked into a win by being the beneficiary of a rookie mistake from a veteran receiver.

The Giants defense is better than ours. Offense could be even/steven. So a very difficult game. I hope Eli throws some crucial picks to us. Is he better at home than away?

Also, the Giants spent a ton of money of free agents to get those zero sacks, and zero turnovers
DE Olivier Vernon, DT Damon Harrison, and CB Janoris Jenkins

NYG didn't have a sack but they got pressure on Dak. JPP gave Doug Free problems, and I can see him doing the same to Strief.

Olivier Vernon looked good too. Just because they had no sacks doesn't mean they sucked. Dak was able to get rid of the ball and his athleticism allowed him to prevent sacks, but they pressured him.

From PFF

Jeckyll-and-Hyde performance from Cowboys’ offensive line

Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, and Zack Martin combined to give up just two total pressures on Sunday (Smith and Martin each gave up a hurry), while La’el Collins and Doug Free combined to give up nine, including four hits. Collins also had a miserable day run blocking, where Olivier Vernon just continuously blew him up at the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys were unable to get anything going on the ground, evident by their 3.4 yards per carry, which greatly hampered their ability to sustain anything on offense.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-nyg-dal-grades-giants-newcomers-shine-on-defense/

The Giants defense is better than ours. Offense could be even/steven. So a very difficult game. I hope Eli throws some crucial picks to us. Is he better at home than away?

Oddly enough, he has thrown 100 interceptions when at home and 100 interceptions when away.

NYG didn't have a sack but they got pressure on Dak. JPP gave Doug Free problems, and I can see him doing the same to Strief.

Olivier Vernon looked good too. Just because they had no sacks doesn't mean they sucked. Dak was able to get rid of the ball and his athleticism allowed him to prevent sacks, but they pressured him.

From PFF

Strief was up against Khalil Mack all last game and shut him down. I wouldn't be so sure to assume Strief is going to get abused by anyone not named JJ Watt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom