At the end of the day (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
After watching last nights game, the team just needs to keep moving forward in the rebuild. Develop the back end of the defense with what we have on the roster. We need to draft another pass rusher to help create pressure. When that happens we will have a good def. Really not that far off once we get everybody on the field.

On another note, 30-40 mil in dead money correct? We should be in good shape next year cap wise? anybody know for sure?

Yeah. We all pretty much understand that the odds are heavily stacked against the team at this point - certainly history isn't on their side.

I'm hoping for improvement and relief from this devastating spate of injuries and signs of real progress to pin future hopes on. If the team somehow gets shockingly fortunate beyond that, I'll enjoy it.

I do accept that this team is going to have to do everything it can to bolster the OL (pleased with the way they've held it together but Strief and Evans are aging out), and greatly improve the pass rush. But there are things to be encouraged about early on, too. If the defensive backfield can get and stay healthy, there is promising talent there. And the WR corps is showing signs of being a real strength.

Yeah. We all pretty much understand that the odds are heavily stacked against the team at this point - certainly history isn't on their side.

I'm hoping for improvement and relief from this devastating spate of injuries and signs of real progress to pin future hopes on. If the team somehow gets shockingly fortunate beyond that, I'll enjoy it.

I do accept that this team is going to have to do everything it can to bolster the OL (pleased with the way they've held it together but Strief and Evans are aging out), and greatly improve the pass rush. But there are things to be encouraged about early on, too. If the defensive backfield can get and stay healthy, there is promising talent there. And the WR corps is showing signs of being a real strength.

I agree about the WR's and o line. The draft really needs to focused on D Line rusher and O line guard/RT. I guess my expectations weren't that high this year knowing the salary cap issues to. If we actually free up 30 mil then we will be a pretty good player in the FA market. Next year will be better:hihi::hihi:

I just don't trust the coaching staff and scouts to draft and coach up players any longer.

I'm open to being hopeful though. Please point to a few current players that have improved every season with us recently.

Don't we have coaches from pre-Katrina still on this team?

I agree about the WR's and o line. The draft really needs to focused on D Line rusher and O line guard/RT. I guess my expectations weren't that high this year knowing the salary cap issues to. If we actually free up 30 mil then we will be a pretty good player in the FA market. Next year will be better:hihi::hihi:

I'm always a little hopeful.The losses are always disappointing but I love the Saints. We've been through much worse times.

I do think there are some fair criticisms to consider about Payton and Loomis. I understand some of the decisions they made that haven't paid off - Spiller, Byrd, Lewis, Galette (extensions) - but in any organization, the buck stops with the leadership.

Still, we've seen them make the climb up the mountain to a championship, now it's time to see if they have what it takes to recover from the fall. I really don't know - all any of us can do is watch...or not watch.

After watching last nights game, the team just needs to keep moving forward in the rebuild. Develop the back end of the defense with what we have on the roster. We need to draft another pass rusher to help create pressure. When that happens we will have a good def. Really not that far off once we get everybody on the field.

On another note, 30-40 mil in dead money correct? We should be in good shape next year cap wise? anybody know for sure?

Numerous people denied a rebuild when that is exactly what it is. Agreed, it should continue. However, we draft people to fit a defensive scheme that is constantly changing. I'd love to say evolving but this administration and staff have no clue what that is. Talent on hand can't be developed. Is it any wonder guys appear confused on the field? The offense is guilty as well. Calls are more questionable than what we are used to. Drew isn't the Drew of old. The pick six was a killer. The pass was forced when a player was open in the end zone. At worst throw it away and take three points. Without the pick we are down by a narrow margin and remain in contention. Drew forces passes that arrive late when a defender/s are draped all over a receiver. That leads to three yard passes that get us nowhere when we need six yards. Ryan gets the ball out quicker and has good placement on the ball.

All that dead money going away does not give me any confidence that these folks have any idea how to cure the problem. The rebuild should have started with a new staff and some draft choices for Drew that a new regime might be better equipped to utilize. The reality that this team is going nowhere would have been an easier pill to swallow. Pun intended.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom