At this very moment the saints biggest area of need is wr (1 Viewer)

ChopperSaint

Official gum of champions
Reaction score
The time his come where this is no longer an area of want. It is now a big need. I look forward to seeing what toon can do and if Morgan can build on last season.

But at any rate we need some new faces on this team. I think our next pick should be swoop or Lawson.

Any other wr's out there worth drafting?

The time his come where this is no longer an area of want. It is now a big need. I look forward to seeing what toon can do and if Morgan can build on last season.

But at any rate we need some new faces on this team. I think our next pick should be swoop or Lawson.

last night Sean said he had the wr the Steelers drafted high on his board for day two.

La tech wr still on the board also but I doubt he'll be around past midway forth rd. we don't pick until fifth...we used two fours for jenkins

Do you think Swope or Lawson will be there in the 5th?:scratch:

Please explain why the WR position is a position of need when the Saints have been the #1 offense and if not #1, the top 3 offense for several years running and the running game is sometimes nonexistent?

Please explain why the WR position is a position of need when the Saints have been the #1 offense and if not #1, the top 3 offense for several years running and the running game is sometimes nonexistent?

Easy.

Dev and Meach are gone. You now have pretty much ZERO experience behind Moore and Colston.

Morgan caught TEN passes last year.....pretty much all were "go deep" routes.

I would like to hear an explanation as well, because I don't think that WR is really a pressing need, especially with the recovery of Nick Toon. The Saints could certainly select another wideout, but only if he is clearly the best rated remaining player on their board.

Colston
Moore
Graham
Nick Toon
Joe Morgan

Am I forgetting someone?

We lost Devery, and Toon may or may not stay healthy. Lance Moore misses games as well. Marcus Wheaton would be a Saint if he hadn't gotten taken so Payton wants a WR as well.

I've been pounding the table for Ryan Swope, but Patton is a solid prospect out of La Tech, and there are a few more out there.

Cornelius Washington would be a steal as well but I think WR... while not quite a "position of need"... but we can use one.

We have Colston, Moore, and Morgan as returning players who played in '12. Toon is unproven and we really have no one else at the position. It's a position of need for no other reason than we need depth there.

I think some people would agree that the Saints are missing a tall,fast WR to stretch the field.I know we have Morgan but he is somewhat undersized.If this position is not addressed in the draft I could see the Saints resigning Henderson.

Our two best WRs were an UDFA and a 7th round pick. If we draft one in rd 5 or 6, it will be because the Saints have a WR rated higher than those picks. If not, we'll bring in a couple of UDFA WRs. Joe Morgan was one and I still like what Andy Tanner and Jarred Fayson were doing last year in camp.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HBtPTH5U7aY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6'3 215lbs, 4.45 40, 1.6 10 yard split and super productive in college. High points the ball in the air, has very good hands, very fluid with good change of direction ability. Is great with the ball in his hands after the catch. He doesn't run very good routes but he has the ability to be a great route runner and needs some coaching coming from a DII school.

Henderson = stretched the field. 2nd round pick.

Meach = stretched the field. 1st round pick.

Gone. That's a bunch of catches in the last 4-5 years.

The Colstons of the world are the exception, not the rule.

If Colston or Moore was seriously hurt, we are WOEFULLY inexperienced and unproven at the position. Even with them, we don't have the 'take the top off the D' guy. *Might* be Morgan, but the dude has caught 10 passes in his career.

We need someone with speed and good hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom