Saints At What Point In Drew's Last Season Will He Announce His Retirement? (1 Viewer)

Why would you assume that this is Drew last year? There are no indications that say so, I think he plays beyond this year with a window of 2 or 3 more years left. When the Saints beat the Vikings in the NFC championship Brett Favre was 45. That's just my thinking but time will tell. I believe Bridgewater signed a 1yr deal last week also that sure is not a indication

Where did you get the idea that Favre was 45? He’s 49 now. Did we play him in the NFC Championship game in 2014?

February ___, 2021 after hoisting his second consecutive, third overall, Super Bowl MVP trophy..

And it goes un-noticed as ESPN, NFL network discuss in-depth coverage of Tom Brady's second honeymoon and the Cowboys planning on signing a deep snapper

I've often wondered if they are both playing a game of who blinks first.
This is just my $.02
I believe that TB12 wants to play long enough to get a couple of records. Whether that’s the TD record or whatever. Dude has a family, a wife who he loves, wealth, and more rings any QB should have. There is no reason why he should be spewing that he wants to play for 3-4 more years. Zero reason. In most eyes, he’s the GOAT. Drew on the other hand, will own most, if not all of them. Drew will obviously never reach the rings that TB has, so the records is what’s going to keep him in the GOAT conversation, or at least get him a spot at the table. These dudes are playing a game of chicken bc they are way too competitive not to. And if Drew gets a second ring, along with the records, he will be talked about as the GOAT. That’s why I believe that no call happened. The NFL does not want Drew in that conversation especially if he were to beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady both in a Super Bowl. Victories against both of those two, in the big dance, is a HUGE sticking point. Head to head, with all of the chips on the line. The NFL knows that coach Payton has the ability and stones to out coach BB. That’s a fact

Not sure how the narrative began that this is Brees’ last year. Have some forgotten he was the MVP runner-up? A few games down the stretch could just as easily be attributed to an injured O-line & receivers not named Thomas, rather than sticking the fork in #9

Don’t see him a Saint beyound this year, too many high priced contracts in front of us. SAD!

If he wins another one sometime in the next 3 seasons he'll probably go out on top. I personally would trade a few more years of Drew for 1 more Super Bowl. I'd love to see him go out on top (John Elway style).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom