ATL Sports Radio Host: "New Orleans only exists through the handouts of charities/others" (1 Viewer)

AppleSaint

Saints 1 - Falcons 0
Reaction score
So, I spent some time in Atlanta and listen to a few of their local podcasts every now and then to see what they are saying about this or that.

This morning, I am listening to a podcast of the Chuck & Chernoff show (Link) on 680 The Fan from the day after the Super Bowl (02-04-13). You can listen yourself to it on the web-page listed.

Go to the 35:00 minute mark and they start talking about the Superdome and City of New Orleans and then we get this....

"To be brutally honest, New Orlenas only exist through the handouts of charities of others.....whether it is the NFL throwing them a Super Bowl bone.....or the federal government. That is why New Orleans exists."

:jpshakehead: :shrug:

SaintsGold

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So, I spent some time in Atlanta and listen to a few of their local podcasts every now and then to see what they are saying about this or that.

This morning, I am listening to a podcast of the Chuck & Chernoff show (Link) on 680 The Fan from the day after the Super Bowl (02-04-13). You can listen yourself to it on the web-page listed.

Go to the 35:00 minute mark and they start talking about the Superdome and City of New Orleans and then we get this....

"To be brutally honest, New Orlenas only exist through the handouts of charities of others.....whether it is the NFL throwing them a Super Bowl bone.....or the federal government. That is why New Orleans exists."

I don't live in New Orleans, but I was born in that fine city and have relatives in the area. Said radio hosts can come say that to my face.

I am so tired of these ignorant ******** talking down to New Orleans and its residents.

2009ring

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Even if that were true, we still have one more Super Bowl title than they do.

The Atlanta Falcons football team only exists to give NOLA fans an annual laugh at their eventual meltdown.

Chopper Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
New Orleans existed long before Atlanta did. Our next Super Bowl in 2018 will mark our tri centennial. I am sure Atlanta didnt get one bit of Government assistance after Sherman burned it to the ground. /sarcasm off.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

You should send to Landrieu's office and have him demand a public apology from the wannabes.

Sean

All-Pro
Reaction score
Only because Atlanta has nothing to talk about for their own failing teams and city....I bet most of what they talk about is the Saints, hell at least 50-60% of the Failcons message board are posts about the Saints. That's what happens when you dominate them again and again, they're infatuated with us. That's the only way Atlanta and the Failcons fans can make theirselves feel better is talking about something that happened eight years...

tomdda

Le Grande Fromarge
Reaction score

Once again, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Mr. 504

WD4L
Reaction score
Mostly this.

It's one of the most important shipping centers in the Country, if not world.

New Orleans also has something most of the Union doesn't; Culture.
This statement is 100% accurate. I deal with the Port of NOLA everyday at work, and it is the biggest port (in terms of commerce) in the world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom