Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank on Super Bowl 53, missed call in Saints-Rams game (1 Viewer)

In that case, Arthur shouldn't complain about the Patriots putting 283 diamonds in their Super Bowl ring because his team had a lot of chances to secure that win too.

Don't worry Mr. Blank...the Falcons will continue to suck at winning just like he sucks at marriage.

Everybody saying "we still had chances to win" still fail to realize that our main chance was taken away from us. Therefore we weren't awarded every chance. Furthermore, the lambs were given a chance by the refs

How many times are we expected to slam the door on an opponent? We still had a chance to win it? No, the Rams were given another chance to win it. We had certainty ripped from us. It was a wrap. We caught the DB sleeping and he purposely committed a foul to stop a TD and was rewarded for it. I still can't believe it happened.
Excellent point. The DB knew he was beat bad and knew his only chance was to interfere and stop a TD. At least they had a hope then. Then boom he is REWARDED with a no call. I am still majorly P'Oed. It won’t go away

Everybody saying "we still had chances to win" still fail to realize that our main chance was taken away from us. Therefore we weren't awarded every chance. Furthermore, the lambs were given a chance by the refs
Look it is all a smoke screen. The FACT is that make the obvious call and the rest does not matter. We are in the big game. Everything thing else is a red herring

So in return to Arthur Blank.....”Go Blank yourself Count Chocula” -GeauxSainz

I’d expect no less from that cesspool of an org. Gayle>>>>>>>>>>>>that bum.

Arthur Blank is an owner of a product that people pay hard earned dollars to experience, so this is pretty disturbing to hear him say this. He should’ve stopped after he supported Mrs. Benson’s statement. But the rest of it, makes it sound like he’s OK with having terrible officiating and we should all just deal with it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/20...ner-on-atlanta-missed-pass-interference-call/

Asked about the controversy surrounding a missed pass interference call at Sunday's NFC Championship Game that helped the Rams move on to the Super Bowl and left the New Orleans Saints and their fans fuming, Blank said it's an issue that the NFL and its competition committee will review.
"Whether or not there will be a change I'm not sure," Blank said. "If I was a Saints fan, I would feel just the way Gayle Benson, their owner, expressed. But I know the officials do a great job for us throughout the year. You have 22 really big men moving really quickly and it's easy to miss some things and there's a lot of opportunities during the game to actually win the game and in this case the Saints were unable to do it."

Spoken like a true hater. I would not wish what happened to us on them because there is no honor in winning in that fashion. That being said I hope his teams and organization continue to fail.

Atlanta businesses will be happy when they realize how close Atlanta is to NOLA and how much money they COULD have made. I'd like to see how many hotel reservations have already been cancelled.

Spoken like a true hater. I would not wish what happened to us on them because there is no honor in winning in that fashion. That being said I hope his teams and organization continue to fail.
It literally happened to the Falcons in 2012. Roddy White was mugged on a game winning drive that would have sent the Falcons to the Super Bowl instead of San Francisco. . https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/20/3897876/falcons-vs-49ers-nfc-championship-game
Do you recall how the Raiders were screwed when Tom Brady was sacked fumbles the ball and they refs created a new rule calling it the tuck rule to over turn it. The Saints were screwed, the pass interference was obvious and should have been called, but it was not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last.

Arthur Blank is an owner of a product that people pay hard earned dollars to experience, so this is pretty disturbing to hear him say this. He should’ve stopped after he supported Mrs. Benson’s statement. But the rest of it, makes it sound like he’s OK with having terrible officiating and we should all just deal with it.[/QUOTEfrom

This is a good point. We, as Saints fans and the Saints organization, are upset that the non call was so obvious and in front of officials that were looking right at it. It changed the dynamics of the game. This blatant non call could have happened to any team, including the Falcons. There is a reason so many players from other teams tweeted how the Saints got robbed. This wasn't a questionable call that could have gone either way. It was a pass interference and helmet to helmet penalty that should have been called. The officials standing watching the play chose not to call either penalty. So Mr. Blank, go tell your players that concussions don't really mean anything because there are 22 big men out there and the two refs staring right at the non call did not see it.

I posted a thread expressing my sympathy for what happened last Sunday. It was not acceptable. But it happened to us Falcons in the final minutes of the 4th quarter in SB 51.

An enormous holding penalty was called against the Atlanta Falcons on second down, pushing them out of field goal range on a crucial drive late in the fourth quarter. However, there was a clear face mask made on the same play as Mohamed Sanu was tackled out of bounds that wasn’t called.
flagnoflag.0.gif

If it had been called, it would have been offsetting penalties and the Falcons would have had another chance at a long second down. Instead, they faced a third-and-33 that led to an incompletion and had to punt on the next play. Atlanta had to punt the ball away, giving the ball back to the Patriots with a chance to drive for a game-tying score.

The officials miss penalties in every game, and they’ve missed calls against both teams in this game. This was a huge one that hurt Atlanta, though.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom