Atlanta may get MLS team, Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Reports: Atlanta Is Up Next For An MLS Team

Local and national reports say MLS is relatively close to an agreement with Falcons owner Arthur Blank to bring an MLS expansion team to Atlanta, one of the five new franchises coming in the next seven years. The two would share the billion-dollar retractable domed stadium—aka, "The Sphincter"—that's scheduled to be completed in 2017.
Thoughts? I mean they can't even support their football team unless they are winning. Blank is going to make that city go bankrupt.

Soccer is pretty big in the suburbs that surround Atlanta, so it could garner some positive attention.

Wonderingly the Silverbacks will get promoted or bring in a whole new organization. The south needs more of an MLS market so between Atlanta and Orlando its a start.

They have the population for it. The MLS fan base is not going to be the exact same as the NFL. Good for Atlanta.

Wonderingly the Silverbacks will get promoted or bring in a whole new organization. The south needs more of an MLS market so between Atlanta and Orlando its a start.

There are rumors NOLA will be in the running for an MLS team. The team would be owned by Benson, with a partnership with Manchester United (the Glazer family), and would play their home games in Tulane's new stadium. The rumors have legs, FWIW.

I know Birmingham has a large soccer fan base, so I'm guessing Atl does too. Blank ruins it for me.

There are rumors NOLA will be in the running for an MLS team. The team would be owned by Benson, with a partnership with Manchester United (the Glazer family), and would play their home games in Tulane's new stadium. The rumors have legs, FWIW.

i would **** myself if this happend

don't mind expansion, but would prefer a better minor league soccer program in the states (maybe modeled off the dutch system)

That's the biggest problem with American soccer.

As much as I don't care for the American national team nor MLS, I am actually excited for the team coming to Queens next year. Doesn't hurt that Man City is co-owner.

yawn.png

Good news!

Atlanta is getting a football team?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom